ajarnlance
General of the Army

Central Powers Corps...

Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:45 am

Disappointed to see that after the latest patch the generic "Central powers Corps" naming of stacks every time you reorganize has not been fixed. This is not an issue in ACW. Also noticed that the game will duplicate two exact names e.g. I moved my Cavalry Corps out of a stack with an infantry corps. Now I have two corps both named "Cavalry Corps" in the SAME region.....
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Ace

Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:04 pm

+1

Yes, this should be fixed. I would also propose abbreviation CP Corps xyz so it can fit into stack tab name

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:03 am

Ace wrote:+1

Yes, this should be fixed. I would also propose abbreviation CP Corps xyz so it can fit into stack tab name

Is this forum dying... I can almost hear the wind whistling through the place... it feels very empty... has the action moved elsewhere? It's not like the suggestions in this thread or the excellent 'trench warfare' thread are competing with dozens of other suggestions... in fact they are the only three active threads at the moment in this section... yet no real interest from players or the design team... very strange....
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

chemkid
Private

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Last edited by chemkid on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Altaris

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Yeah, sorry for no response, I've been out of town a lot in the last two weeks.

I'll check with Pocus on this one, as I'm not 100% sure under which circumstances specific stack names are picked.

Pocus

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:16 am

We worked on the imminent release of the 1.01 EAW patch also. And yes, we celebrate the end of WW1, France (and others countries) paid such a toll on that.

About the suggestion, that's a good one and I'll add it to the list.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Code improved, you'll be able to check that in a few days. There will be an issue with generals which are 'black faces', as they don't have a name in the database, the naming will be generic probably.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Pocus wrote:Code improved, you'll be able to check that in a few days. There will be an issue with generals which are 'black faces', as they don't have a name in the database, the naming will be generic probably.

Thanks Pocus!

Return to “Help improve EAW”