minipol
General

New generals regional decision

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:54 pm

I ordered additional armies for the Belgian army with the "New general" regional decision.
I still hold large portions of the Belgium.
Playing the card should give me 3 generals. I got 1. 2 other generals didn't even make it on the map.
This is seriously annoying as we already are low in troops, now we cannot even use generals?
There is no reason why generals should appear in any of the regions held in Belgium.
Apparently they appear in a scripted preselected city. If the city is occupied, you don't receive the generals.
Very very stupid.
Is there a way to adjust this in the files so I do get them?
Because of this, the Belgian army has command penalties, so yet again, we're penalized.
Would be great if this is fixed or even a workaround to receive the Belgian armies.

[ATTACH]30578[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30579[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Klembord-5.png
Klembord-3.png

Jim-NC

Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:11 am

It appears that the new generals show up in the capital, and that as the capital is captured, the generals died. Maybe there should be an alternate location for generals if the capital is taken.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LoupVert
Sergeant

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:28 am

I fit can be coded so, I would suggest that Belgian generals spawn at Le Havre as it was where the Belgian government spent the war (and thus is nowhere near the frontline, be assured of that ^^).

caranorn

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:21 am

LoupVert wrote:I fit can be coded so, I would suggest that Belgian generals spawn at Le Havre as it was where the Belgian government spent the war (and thus is nowhere near the frontline, be assured of that ^^).

Maybe code Bruxelles, Antwerp and then le Havre in a way that the engine will check control if Bruxelles is WE generals appear there, else check Antwerp and so forth...
Marc aka Caran...

minipol
General

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Indeed, anything is better than losing 2 generals in this way.
I wonder if I can adjust this somewhere in the event files?

minipol
General

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:54 am

I found an event file (something like WWIGenerals or the like, haven't got the game in front of me) where $Bruxelles was mentioned.
For testing I changed this to $Antwerp. Antwerp is still mine, although a siege is going on there.
The 2 generals previously lost, now appeared but to my surprise, they were placed in the Netherlands as they probably can't be placed in a territory that's under siege.
One would expect them to be placed in other adjacent regions that were still under my control.
Nope, placed the 2 generals in Holland where they can't move....
They are now stuck there, no way to get them to Belgium.
They shouldn't have been placed there in the first place.
Weird.
Needs some work IMHO

LoupVert
Sergeant

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Nice find though Minipol, in the waiting one could make a minimod to fix the issue somewhat.

Return to “Help improve EAW”