Templer
General

Fog of War - Expand/Enhance

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Fog of War should not only hide combat power "PWR" but also the image of the leader.
Greetings
Templer

Nico165
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Not sure. That's the kind of renseignement that could be obtained with a few prisoners.

A real interesting work with FoW would be a system to give more informations about what happens on the other front when you play WE/EE. Like, a sort of newspaper in case of a big battle... Something to give more immersion, more impression that there is a war going on on the other side of Europe instead of a black hole with only province ownership telling you what's going on.

minipol
General

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Nico165 wrote:A real interesting work with FoW would be a system to give more informations about what happens on the other front when you play WE/EE. Like, a sort of newspaper in case of a big battle... Something to give more immersion, more impression that there is a war going on on the other side of Europe instead of a black hole with only province ownership telling you what's going on.

I believe Ace commented there are already messages appearing in the message log when certain objectives are taken.
But more messages (in a seperate category as to not clutter the whole message log) could add to the immersion.
And stats, I asked it for CWII but up until now it hasn't been added (don't know if it will).

As for FOW, I can't imagine troops always knew who was in command. Isn't the detection value of troops meant as
a way to abstract finding out this kind of info by scouts?
Local people will always be a source of info and might in such cases help to indentify the general.
I don't think this kind of info could be kept a secret for long.

Return to “Help improve EAW”