ajarnlance
General of the Army

Bogged down micromanaging logistics...

Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Time for another gripe... sorry but this is a serious one. First up, I'm not complaining about logistics being important in the game... I want this ... it is realistic. BUT, why do you think that micromanaging logistics would be fun?? Why aren't general supply and ammo trains abstracted?? Come on guys... do you know how time consuming it is sending supply and ammo units back behind the lines... back and forth... almost every turn on the eastern front. I don't mind micromanaging the military aspects and command and control... and recruitment... and diplomacy... BUT why can't you use more efficient game mechanics to simulate logistics? It isn't fun looking on the map for a city with some ammo... 1-2 turns to send my ammo train back there... then 1-2 turns to fill up... then 1-2 turns to get back to the front line.. except now I've forgotten where the hell the stack is that needs ammo!! This is becoming almost a game breaker for me in my current pbem. Now that ageod games are going more grand strategic and expanding their scope you have to develop less time-consuming mechanics to deal with the logistics... it's a real chore... boring as hell. Sorry but there it is... the game has grown in size... the game mechanics need to catch up... please think about this as you develop NCP2... abstract... use global values... don't make me have to move individual supply and ammo units around a huge map... I'm only human... not a robot...
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

agv
Private

logistics

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 am

I agree. this can be a pain in the neck. There should be a menu option where the player can choose to have supply and ammo units or to "abstract" them somehow....

Sir Garnet

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:51 am

Check the supply section of the manual for a discussion of the automatic system that forwards supply to units. The supply wagons or trucks are optional, but very useful for providing handy supply where is limited, or units are cut off. Shuttling wagons back and forth to keep a stack supplies probably means it is too big for the area or a depot is needed.

Return to “Help improve EAW”