ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Sticky stack names

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:15 pm

I have a request for the engine in general (not just for TEAW, but also for CWII, AJE, Espania, ect...): If I bother to customize a name for a stack, could that name please be "sticky" so that it's not overwritten if I split units off or add units to the stack?

Also, while we're talking about this, it'd probably be a good idea to turn off the other interface actions while the "Rename your force" dialog box is open.

I realize that this is sort of a small, rather unimportant thing, but it'd be nice to see addressed, and it's something that could be applied to all of the games using the current engine.

Pocus

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:20 am

Hi,

I have checked the code before answering you.

If you rename a stack with anything of your choice, then adding anything into this stack (not the reverse) will preserve the name you gave. I did the test with a lone supply unit that I renamed TEST. Then I dropped (merged) a full corps with leaders into it. Guess what? The stack stayed with the TEST name. So it is working as intended.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:01 am

Pocus wrote:not the reverse

Which always seems to be the problem. I sometimes have the same problem with entrenchments.
It's ok, though. It's still bothersome occasionally, but I'm used to it now (again... it's been this way since AACW).

agv
Private

Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:52 pm

How do you rename the stacks yourself?

PhilThib

Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:49 pm

alt_click on the stack thumbnail opens a renaming window

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:16 pm

stacks seem to name themselves better in CW2. in EAW i still see a lot of 'central powers corps' and even exact duplicate names in the same region....
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Return to “Help improve EAW”