FMDaun
Conscript

PBEM problems

Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm currently the non-hosting player in a PBEM game, but when I receive my turn & place it in a saved games folder, it fails to show up when I try to load it. I'm running Windows 7, and have the latest version of the game installed. What am I doing wrong?

Durk

Re: PBEM problems

Fri May 12, 2017 11:58 pm

Sometimes Windows places the actual saves file in a different place than the 'normal' saves folder.
Start up a game.
Name it something easy to search for but unique. War Without and Enemy would be my choice.
Use the windows search the C drive function.
When you find that file, go up one level and make a shortcut. Place the shortcut on your desktop.
Use that shortcut box for you pbem

FMDaun
Conscript

Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Many thanks! That seems to have resolved the problem.

Pocus

Tue May 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks to Durk for the continued and gracious (shall I say graceful) support :)

Durk

Wed May 17, 2017 5:39 am

Pocus, thank you so kindly for your comments. I came to this forum about seven years ago thanks to an innovative change in the click through support icon which brought me to this forum instead of a lame link to some company pablum. At that time I was kind of 'the babe in the woods' just trying to figure out how to play AGEOD games.
I had reached a place in life I was able to investigate all American Civil War game as to their historical simulations. AGEOD nailed this comparison with its then game. I am a devote of the American Civil War and was so disappointed that no game since Frank Hunter's long dated game was no longer relevant was on the menu. CWII really blew the socks off that earlier best effort. I fell in love with AGEODs expert recreations of so many historical eras in a level of play I desired. But one thing was worrying to me, there were so many forum members with questions, but nobody was responding to their questions. So being me, I tried to help.
So I started adding my often wrong ideas and comments. But in the process I found a number of long term friends for pbem play as well as a chance to be 'Mr. know it all' for some issues with regard to AGEOD games and occasionally my advice was ok.
I am such a 'fanboy' of AGEOD games, a term I do not understand but heartily embrace. I do enjoy helping with easy issues. But also, I wish so much others would just embrace what wonders AGEOD have wrought.
Ok, carried away again, but I am diving into the English Civil War and watching my distant relative fighting against each other.

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”