Holy Diver
Private

Problem with Corps units display

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:36 pm

When I hover a mouse over a Corp in a unit stack panel the list of it's units that shows above usually is not shown correctly. I don't know how to describe it... it's blinking very fast. It shows and disappears very fast. It's still playable this why and the units can be recognized but it's really annoying

Pocus

Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:13 pm

when you move over the NATO symbol or the power indicator, stop moving your mouse, to see the pop up window. Does this fix the issue?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Holy Diver
Private

Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:17 pm

Not sure if I understand. I think I have describe it wrong. Now i opened East Prussia scenario and I have this problem with all leaders. Later I will check what units are correct. For example I click on a XX Armee-Korps and in the stack panel if I hover mouse over picture of this Corp there shows a widow with detailed information(including list of units ) This is ok. No problem with this but when I hover mouse over this NATO symbol in the upper right corner of this picture above is shown the graphical pictures of all units in this corp. This will be Friederich von Scholtz picture and two infantry divisons and one art regiment. This is were the problem is. This pictures are "blinking"

Pocus

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm not sure I understand in full either, sorry, perhaps a screenshot?

You can't have infos on the pop up window appearing, that is sure, it will disappear as soon as you move the mouse away.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Holy Diver
Private

Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm

No, the info screen is ok. Sorry I don't know the terminology :P Here is a screen:
[ATTACH]37704[/ATTACH]
This graphic of Corps sub unit is often blinking
And in this scenario everything seems ok. But in scenario East Prussia Campaing 1914 the problem is with all German units but not Russian. Russians are displayed correctly. For now it seems that this is happening with some units. I will check how does it look like with grand campaign
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu 2016-02-16 12.29.22.png

davmey
Civilian

Was this problem resolved?

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Holy Diver wrote:No, the info screen is ok. Sorry I don't know the terminology :P Here is a screen:
[ATTACH]37704[/ATTACH]
This graphic of Corps sub unit is often blinking
And in this scenario everything seems ok. But in scenario East Prussia Campaing 1914 the problem is with all German units but not Russian. Russians are displayed correctly. For now it seems that this is happening with some units. I will check how does it look like with grand campaign

On my monitor this blinking corps window occurs on 1600x900 resolution but not 1920x1280.

PhilThib

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:15 pm

We don't have unfortunately those 1600x900 resolution, so the problem, if linked to it, can't be solved.

DNoll
Civilian

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:47 am

The problem seems to be the cursor cycling between tooltip element display and when the TT element covers the unit symbol it shuts off the tooltip then the cursor is back on the unit symbol again to activate the TT element display. This cycling causes a horrible flickering. The 1360x768 is excellent with my failing vision. Is there a way I can increase the size of the TT active area on the unit symbol or modify the location of the secondary TT element location to be slightly higher. Or at least deactivate the TT active area on the unit symbol. I really, really love this game.

Chicharito19
Conscript

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:24 am

HI,

I purchased To End All Wars with the Bundle Stars sale. So far I am enjoying it. However, I do have the exact same problem with the blinking. I have tried not moving my mouse, but it still happens. I've noticed that it only happens on the commanding general of my stack. If I go to the 2nd general it does not blink.

Michael

Kitano1314
Private

Re: Problem with Corps units display

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Has anyone found a way to fix this yet?
I'm using the 1366x768 resolution (laptop) and i'm suffering from the same problem.
I tried switching to all of the lower resolutions but they all had the same result.
edit: I should add that i noticed something was wrong initially with the resolution/interface when the arrows used in the tutorial were pointing to the wrong place.

I find myself not really wanting to try this game right now if i cant access this feature which is a bit of a bummer but it does mean i'll move on to another ageod game :)

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”