The Red Baron

EE Issues with 1.00

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:18 am

Playing EE I noticed several anomalies:

1. Unlocked Russian generals appear in Moscow, not Petrograd. As Petrograd is the capital, shouldn't they appear there?

2. Russian heavy artillery replacements cost more than Russian super heavy artillery [siege] replacements (400 WSU vs. 274 WSU). Shouldn't this be the other way around? Shouldn't replacements progressively cost more as size and power of the artillery increase?

3. I am unable to build Finnish infantry divisions. None of the region structures in Finland possess the requisite capacity to permit this. The closest is Helsinki with a Land Construction Capacity of 18, but this is insufficient; the region needs at least 20 to support the construction of 1 infantry division.

4. The Orel Garrison stack (and unit counter) is incorrectly named the "Kursk Garrison".

5. I am unable to move my River Transport stack from Warsaw harbor into the Upper Wisla river region. I have fair weather, no enemy vessels present, full cohesion and supply, and the stack is not stuck in the harbor rebuilding missing elements. CP does have command of the fort at Novo Georgiewsk, but Warsaw harbor has two exit points (Narew Confluent and Upper Wisla), so this should not be an issue if I attempt to exit on the Upper Wisla side.

6. Periodically my rail point capacity disappears from the UI. The capacity still exists as I am able to move troops via the "Move by Rail"
special order, but the UI glitch has caused problems for redeployment. On a previous turn, my rail cap disappeared and I was unable to redeploy generals from Moscow (special order disabled); however, I was still able to move troops via the "Move by Rail" special order. The following turn my rail cap reappeared and I was finally able to redeploy my generals. I have also had instances where it disappears and then reappears within the same turn. These instances happened within the early turns of the war. I am currently playing early November 1914 and have not had a problem with disappearing rail cap for the last several turns.

7. While moving units into and out of a stack and subsequently renaming the stack, the font color used to denote the stack name, power and number of units changed from white to a dark gray. It seems like a minor issue, but it does make it very hard for me to see the text. I don't know precisely when it happened, but I hope to avoid future instances as it is difficult to read this information.

8. Fixed units have all special orders disabled except "Enter Structure" and "Forced March". Since fixed units cannot leave a region unless attacked, recommend "Forced March" also be disabled as a choice until the unit becomes unfixed. This is my second AGEOD title after CWII, so I understand a "Forced March" is not possible, but players new to the engine might get confused.

I can provide a saved game if the developers need it; just let me know.

This is an excellent game, bugs and all, and I'm having a blast playing it. Kudos to AGEOD for another great title. I find the map and graphics beautiful, and I'm looking forward to future updates. Keep up the good work!

Pocus

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:25 am

For the Finnish units, did you built a depot in the city?
6 is fixed in latest public beta. I'll check 7/8.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ebbingford

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:42 am

Finnish units is fixed with 1.01RC8....
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

The Red Baron

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:35 am

Pocus wrote:For the Finnish units, did you built a depot in the city?
6 is fixed in latest public beta. I'll check 7/8.

Hi Pocus,

Helsinki, the largest city [level 4], already has a depot, but land construction capacity is still a little shy of what it needs to be.

Ebbingford wrote:Finnish units is fixed with 1.01RC8....

Thanks!

Jim-NC

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:22 am

As to # 2, that is the way the game works. It takes an average of the build cost of all the units you have on the map. I believe the super heavy includes fortress, which seem to be cheaper to build than regular heavy artillery. Thus the difference.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Red Baron

Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:50 am

Super Heavy does include fortress artillery...ok, I understand the concept; however, seems like fortress artillery ought to cost more to raise the replacement cost to a point where it exceeds heavy artillery.

Jim-NC

Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:08 am

Not disagreeing with you (I think super heavy should cost more). That is just the current system.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blond_Knight
Private

Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:52 am

I had an issue with Eastern front scenario playing the EE. Many of my stacks had no ammo. They started the game with no ammo, and supply didn't catch up with them either. Stacks that started the game with ammo were resupplied.

The Red Baron

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:18 am

I haven't' had this problem. Both my munitions units and MA continue to receive ammunition, but I have no idea how. It is January 1915, and I have not built any munitions factories (still playing 1.00 so I don't see the point). As far as I can tell, only Petrograd produces ammo and only 4 per turn; yet, all my MA and munitions, whose ammo supply I completely exhausted during the first few months of the war, are fully stocked again and I have 57 ammo points in storage. Moscow seems to have a permanent 10 points of ammo in storage now matter how many munitions trains I return to its depot for replenishment. Maybe this is a bug?

The Red Baron

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:22 am

Update to #7 mentioned above: any stacks that I subsequently created from the original stack carried over the same visual glitch; i.e., the stack descriptive text was rendered in dark gray.

Pocus

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:42 am

I'll try to slip a RC9 on this dark gray issue.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

The Red Baron

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Pocus, if I could, I would nominate AGEOD for the J.D. Powers and Associates #1 Software Developer in Customer Satisfaction award. :coeurs:

Blond_Knight
Private

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 am

Blond_Knight wrote:I had an issue with Eastern front scenario playing the EE. Many of my stacks had no ammo. They started the game with no ammo, and supply didn't catch up with them either. Stacks that started the game with ammo were resupplied.

After reading some of the manual today I believe this is because in this game the "Ammo" display is for heavy and super heavy artillery only. I don't think the stacks in question had any arty of that size. So it makes sense that "Ammo" was and remained at 0%.

The Red Baron

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:13 am

Blond_Knight wrote:After reading some of the manual today I believe this is because in this game the "Ammo" display is for heavy and super heavy artillery only. I don't think the stacks in question had any arty of that size. So it makes sense that "Ammo" was and remained at 0%.

The ammo display is for medium artillery as well; only field artillery uses supplies instead of ammo. Maybe your stacks had no heavier artillery than field artillery, so they carried no ammo?

The Red Baron

Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:25 pm

This is an update to my original post. I am now playing EE with 1.02 RC2, and I noticed a few minor bugs:

1. Russian general Gorbatovskaya appears twice.
2. Russian general Nikolai Epanchin appears twice.
3. The same portrait is used for Pavel Plehve and Alexsandr Litvinov.
4. While building a munitions factory, the tooltip periodically (but not always) listed the time to completion as -3960 days or some value very close to this (the value always seemed to lie between -3900 and -4000). After processing my turn, the value usually reverted to the correct figure.
5. I had several instances in the battle report where the cohesion loss inflicted upon the enemy was shown as a negative number.
6. A graphical glitch exists in the game concerning airfields. I have reconnaissance airbases attached to most of my armies. Often, when I move, the airbase icon appears in the adjacent region from which the army just moved. I have not noticed the problem when moving an army multiple regions; i.e., the airbase icon appears in the correct region after the move.

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”