epaminondas
Colonel

Who's in charge here?!!!

Tue May 05, 2020 3:52 pm

If one were gifted with supreme authority over everything in one's nation (or alliance) that moved by foot, hoof, wheel (including the paddle variety), track (continuous or rail), and air or nautical screw, one might consider that he or she was well situated to plan military operations against an enemy separated from one by significant inconveniences such as - say - large bodies of seawater. If one were of such a view it appears one would be sadly - nay, furiously - mistaken.

For it transpires that there is a rogue body of industrialists, specifically those practising shipbuilding, who maintain a law unto themselves. In consequence one might find one's carefully marshalled and protected naval transport capacity held in port in preparation for the amphibious invasion of, say Crete, knocked into a cocked bloody hat by some tycoon locking them up for eons while he or she (probably the former given the time period) decides to add the odd extra vessel to it and a nice new wing to the country house!!!!!!!

Damn and blast them all!

I'm figuring that this situation probably arises from an over-generous allocation of build points to the naval transport box. But if I was indeed running the show I'd have 'em up against the wall in nothing flat.

Bargus
Corporal

Re: Who's in charge here?!!!

Tue May 05, 2020 8:40 pm

Haha, damn frustrating, isn't it? I think having ships locked while filling out can be stopped if you don't set them to "green/green" while in port. At least, that's been my experience as best I can recall. Having no replacement chits would probably work, too, but I'm honestly not sure.

epaminondas
Colonel

Wed May 06, 2020 12:50 am

Aha! Thanks for that Barg - well worth a try. If it works I'll commission a plaque honouring your contribution to maintaining (my) mental health.

Goes to show once again just how layered and intricate this game is.

clandini5
Corporal

Thu May 07, 2020 9:03 am

Some thanks from myself as well, it is certainly well worth a try, terribly annoying to have chunks of your navy sitting in drydock when you have plans for them.

Return to “To End All Wars”