epaminondas
Colonel

Bought, paid for, and stuck in the fleshpots

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:51 pm

I have a cabal of generals (two in fact) purchased under the "Appoint generals" decision who appear to find the lush life of Berlin and Vienna far preferable to accommodation at the front. Over the two months since their call-up they have remained diagonally barred and stubbornly inactive. Is this a known bug or have I the honour of discovering a new one.

Nikel

Re: Bought, paid for, and stuck in the fleshpots

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:45 pm

You mean they are fixed after appointment?

What the tooltip on the bar says? How many turns.

Who are they?

epaminondas
Colonel

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm

I do mean that they're fixed after appointment.
Tooltip says 486 days.
There are twelve of them (6 German and 6 AH) and they include luminaries such as Leopold von Bayern, Eduard von Below, and Rudolf von Osterreich.

Durk

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:04 am

This is truly odd and nothing I have ever seen. Have you tried backing up to the turn before you paid for them and then advancing the game?

epaminondas
Colonel

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:23 am

Nothing I'd seen before either - it happened after I'd plotted moves for some of them, saved and closed the game. On restart there it was. I can fix it easily enough by going into the text, but the fact that it happened in the first place indicates that there's something wrong somewhere.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Did you perhaps accidentally combine them with a unit or general that is permanently locked? Such as Tirpitz in Berlin.

epaminondas
Colonel

Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:35 am

That was my first thought, pants, but no. I'd put move orders on some individual leaders and if they'd been combined with Tirpitz those would have been cancelled. Instead the movement tracks remained in place, the units remained individually represented, but both those nominated to move and those that had not received any order at all had acquired locked status. With the AH leaders in Vienna, Conrad had already been released by this point so there was no locked unit to which they could have been linked.

To confuse things even more, the block of leaders arriving automatically in the Early Jan turn escaped unlocked. A puzzlement indeed.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Sounds like one more bug then :( Luckily you should have the backup files and thus be able to revert to the earlier turn. Hopefully the bug won't reappear!

epaminondas
Colonel

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Given the number of times I've played this game and the fact that this is the first time it's shown up, I figure it needs a very unusual conjunction of factors to trigger it. So we'll push it to the side of the road and drive right on by.

Return to “To End All Wars”