Bargus
Corporal

Africa as CP

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi all! Wondering if anyone has had any luck trying to keep Africa as CP. From reading AARs and this forum, the conventional strategy seems to be to just hold out with your starting colonial forces for as long as you can. I'm curious if shipping any additional troops there early on would help. Maybe some supply wagons and a corps or so? Some artillery? I know it's foolish to weaken your position in Europe, where the real decision will be made, so maybe it really is inadvisable. Just wonderin' :siffle:

Durk

Re: Africa as CP

Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:45 am

Well, you must send leaders. I often move the Pacific fleet to Africa. But most plays are losing options.

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Africa as CP

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:41 am

I've generally been able to hang onto the African colonies by providing them with a transport fleet to shuttle units to where they're most required. Typically I bring von Lettow and a brigade or two round to SudWest from where he can reinforce the other West African colonies in a single day with very little chance of interception. Getting him back home if needed if isn't so foolproof however.

Return to “To End All Wars”