Been lurking for awhile, finally purchased the game. I'm really enjoying it so far.
I've been playing as CP, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with my navy. I know to keep the big fleet in port until an opportunity presents itself, but what do I do with the shipping and blockade boxes? I've tried putting any ships with the little cargo icon into either the Baltic or Med. shipping boxes, and that's been giving me a little income. I've avoided subs in the Atlantic shipping box to dissuade the US from entering.
My question are:
1) what types of ships should I put in which type of boxes? Do I leave the blockade boxes totally empty?
2) What stances (green/green, with "evade" on) in which boxes?
3) Do I leave any ships on the high seas? Like, the German fleet in the Pacific: does it do any good out there? Is it better to bring it to Europe?
And finally, a couple diplomacy questions:
1) Early in my game, the US is at like 88% Central (!) alignment....is it possible (though unlikely) to bring them to the CP side?
2) Can Britain *ever* be kept out more than a couple months?
3) Does the CP have a realistic chance to bring in Italy, or is delaying its joining the WE the best you can hope for?
4) Any chance or value of getting some unusual allies? (e.g., China, Spain, Persia)?