jimhatama
Civilian

1\3 casualties return rules

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:16 am

Why there is no mention of this rule in manual? EAW dont use this? RoP for example have this written in manual

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: 1\3 casualties return rules

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:14 pm

As you suspect, jim, there's no mechanic for any "natural" decrease in casualties due to the recovery of missing men or the return to duty of wounded personnel. Instead, if I'm reading the manual correctly, losses in casualties can only be made good through the "replacement" mechanic set out on p.129 of the manual - and if you can get any comprehensive understanding of the process from that you're a better man/woman/anthropoid ape than I am.

It seems to say that units can only recover strength when stationary during the turn, when you have enough of the right kind of replacement type in the bank, and when a random number between something and something else blesses you with the capacity to reinforce some unit(s) that you have no role in specifying. Or something like that.

czert2
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:45 am

epan, i think you misunderstood, i think he meaned manpower/conscrips return, not recovering strenght of units paced on map.
and sometimes my units fail to reinfoce, over multiple turn, despite beging in pasive mode, and sitting on lvl 1+ depot, (and inside city too), but only when on enemy territory (fully occupied).
no idea why, any unit in city lvl 3+ or at depot lvl 1+ should reinforce if on passive.

epaminondas
Colonel

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks czerto, on re-reading jim's post I think you're probably right.

Return to “To End All Wars”