Wonko
Private

Naval aircraft?

Thu May 18, 2017 12:16 am

What are these things for? Germany starts with two, one in Danzig and one near Kiel. AH starts with one in Pola. I don't see a way to attach them to fleets, they can't fly out to shipping/blockade boxes, and don't appear to be able to fly over sea regions, so what are they for?

Durk

Re: Naval aircraft?

Thu May 18, 2017 4:37 am

They fulfill their historical use as scouts for fleets. Fly them out a bit and let them return. You can, of course, use them for other purposes.

Wonko
Private

Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 am

Durk wrote:They fulfill their historical use as scouts for fleets. Fly them out a bit and let them return. You can, of course, use them for other purposes.

How do you fly them out though? Whenever I try to move them over a sea region I get a message that at least one of my units is not allowed to enter the terrain.

Durk

Thu May 25, 2017 3:11 am

They 'fly out' by being. that is enough

czert2
Brigadier General

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:03 pm

yeah, naval planes are just regular scout planes, as normal land based ones. And yeah, you can play gamey and use naval planes at land for scouting, or restrict yourself and use them for scouting only on coastal regions.

Straight Arrow
General

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 pm

czert2 wrote:yeah, naval planes are just regular scout planes, as normal land based ones. And yeah, you can play gamey and use naval planes at land for scouting, or restrict yourself and use them for scouting only on coastal regions.

Lots and lots of bush planes in Alaska are float planes.

The floats do drop your air speed, but they get you where you want to go, and they can touch down in places no else can.

czert2
Brigadier General

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 am

Straight Arrow wrote:
czert2 wrote:yeah, naval planes are just regular scout planes, as normal land based ones. And yeah, you can play gamey and use naval planes at land for scouting, or restrict yourself and use them for scouting only on coastal regions.

Lots and lots of bush planes in Alaska are float planes.

The floats do drop your air speed, but they get you where you want to go, and they can touch down in places no else can.

well, alaska isnt in europe right ? afaik alaska have less developed infrastructure too.
btw to use float plane on land, you have to have special modification for it (basicaly dropable down wheels from floats/hull), which wwl era floats surely didnt have.

Return to “To End All Wars”