Wonko
Private

Generals stats drop when creating corps?

Mon May 08, 2017 9:58 am

I've noticed that when I select a general that was not in command of a pre-existing corps at the scenario start, and activate the 'Corps Command' button, he immediately loses 2 from his activation value, and his attack and defense numbers either lose two each as well, or they drop to zero.

This persists even after you save, quit the game, and re-load the game. However, after processing the turn, the general regains his stats. I also notice that the general forming the corps very rarely activates after giving him the corps (not sure if this is real or just confirmation bias though).

Does the game process that turn with the reduced numbers or is it just a glitch in how the game displays things before processing the turn? It it supposed to work like that?

It doesn't bother me per-se, but until I sat down and messed with saves for a bit tonight, I was being really gun-shy about forming up proper corps because i thought it was ruining the general.

arsan

Re: Generals stats drop when creating corps?

Mon May 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi!

Yes, this is done on porpouse. The penalty has a 1 turn duration and it supposedly reflects the administrative problems caused by the new appointment and the like.
But i suspect it's done to avoid people doing gamey things that changing corps commanders on the fly if the commender is inactive or it the player want to take advantage of a particular special ability.
This penalty makes creating and disbanding corps or changing leaders something you so with care and not in the middle of a battle or every turn depending who's active and who is inactive.

regards!

Wonko
Private

Re: Generals stats drop when creating corps?

Mon May 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Fair enough. I didn't even think of changing commanders to have an active one!

Return to “To End All Wars”