RK1855
Conscript

A few questions

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:03 pm

I have a few questions so here goes

1) How do you create an army or GCHQ, I have managed to create an army once but now it doesnt seem to work. I really need another GCHQ - I assume you can have more than one - but I just cannot get my 3 star general to activate the button, it just stays greyed out and none of the reasons in the tool-tip about why I may not be able to create the GCHQ are true. Same applies trying to create an army. Seems I can create corps, but not armies or GCHQ's.

2) When you create new units is it possible to get the unit card/icon showing on the map so I know where they are. When I create a lot of new units I spend a long time just searching around trying to find them - gets a bit of a pain after a while.

3) I have several units with 0 ammo left, they are in structures that appear to have supplies but the units never seem to get any top-up - what do I need to do?

4) I have built up reserves to replace elements that take hits and I can see that there are a lot of elements that need replacements but my reserves never go down and the number needing replacements just keeps going up, by the way I opted to do this manually so obviously need to work out what I am doing wrong.

5) I am playing a grand campaign as Western Entente but I have absolutely no idea what is happening with the Eastern Entente, is this correct? I dont even know if they are at war with the CP or not, it would be good to have some idea of what they are doing as it may impact on what I do.

Thanks

Durk

Re: A few questions

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:53 am

Probably you have seen the answer to question #1 here: viewtopic.php?f=358&t=50921

2. The W E R T Y and U keys can be used to navigate your units. E for locked units, like your new builds. E and R for land units. TY for naval units.

3. Are these low ammo units stacked with supply and ammo wagons? Wagons tend to help draw both type of supply to the stack. Each corps or army should also have these wagons. The city should tell you when you hover mouse over if both types of supply are present. Finally, are your forces in a supply chain?

4. Are your units in supply? Ideally they will be on a depot in order to receive replacements.

5. You can tell if the Eastern Entente is at war by going to the objectives page. This will provide you some sense of how they are doing. NM and other reports. They are at war.

ZygfrydDeLowe
Conscript

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Ad. 5. You can also look at the Eastern Front using region ownership filter/overlay (key "1"). All this combined should give you a p. good idea how they are standing.

RK1855
Conscript

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Thanks Durk.

I checked out the other post you highlighted - looks like the pdf manual I have is incorrect it says 2 or 3 star general for an army.

So to receive replacements you need to be in a depot not a city?

So if I hover mouse over a city I see something line 'supply stocks: 408(36) / 0 (0)' - what exactly does that mean it does not appear to be explained anywhere, unless I missed it, but I have read the manual several times.

Something else which is confusing - the manual says that 'general supplies' refers to food, small arms ammo etc. and that 'ammunition' refers to ammo for medium/large artillery - is that correct? as that doesnt stack up with what I see on the map and when I click on a units 'nato' symbol and look at the info displayed.

Return to “To End All Wars”