Husaria
Sergeant

Has anybody used Assault Troop Units

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:12 am

I've built a bunch of CP assault troop units, and moved them at least in pairs to various points on the front.

I am unable to obtain the assault troops RGD to drag and drop prior to an attack.

Has anybody else actually used the assault troops RGD?

Tips on how it's done?

Thanks,

imperium3
Conscript

Re: Has anybody used Assault Troop Units

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:32 am

Didn't know there was an Assault Troop RGD.

Assault troops are meant for doing a lot of damage at close range. So kind of like cavalry they help you do a lot more damage when you win a battle, but they are a lot tougher than cavalry.

Durk

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:04 am

Assault troops both Entente and Central Powers do best when in a corps with a decent leader. Toward the 1917/1918 time, a major reorganization of your armies is warranted.
If you can organize an army with Assault troops and tanks with at least two decent corps organized the same, you will see a nice difference.

Husaria
Sergeant

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:12 pm

Imperium3:

I've got assault troops in several locations, always in pairs or greater, per the rulebook page 147.

I have been able to only once (and finally!) obtain a RGD to assist in my attack.

i can't say if it materially assisted in my attack, however I feel good that at least it was able to obtain a RGD.

Now if I could only be able to purchase bombers as the CP!

Durk

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:54 am

Interesting on a couple of counts. I think you need a good, maybe assault leader, to gain this bonus.

I just notice I cannot build CP bombers. Being me, I thought I was doing it wrong. Now I wonder.

Return to “To End All Wars”