Husaria
Sergeant

Replacements - Automatic or Manual

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:44 pm

In an effort to somewhat reduce micromanaging I've set the game options to purchase replacements at a 5% rate for me, and then I go into the war production screen to manually purchase additional replacements for unit types that have seen a lot of loss.

I felt that this was working well enough at first, however over time I've noticed that the system has purchased and stock piled large amounts of replacements for unit types where I've suffered little or no losses, thus wasting resources.

Are comments or suggestions on replacement management? Automatic or fully manual?

Thoughts?

imperium3
Conscript

Re: Replacements - Automatic or Manual

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:48 pm

As you have seen, the automatic replacements are not very smart. I only use manual. It's generally not that much micromanagement (except maybe for the WE with their many nationalities) and in any case I tend to prioritise buying new units over replacing existing ones. Perhaps replacements are more important late in the war, but since in my experience most games are decided by early 1917 that's not very relevant.

epaminondas
Major

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:49 pm

I also go the manual route. With an eye to experience gain I prefer to replace rather than build and I've found that I can usually get ahead of the game so that apart from the aftermath of cataclysmic battles I only need to visit that screen every three turns or so.

Husaria
Sergeant

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Thanks for the replys.

I agree, I'll go the manual route next game.

Can I change my current game that I've got in process? I'm presently in January 1918 of the full campaign game.

epaminondas
Major

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:38 pm

I don't think so, but congratulations for getting to 1918. So far I've never cleared '17 without throwing in the towel for one reason or another.

Return to “To End All Wars”