Husaria
Sergeant

"Shattered Units"

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Frequently a division will become so "shattered" in combat that all it has left is it's organic artillery; i.e. it's lost all it's organic infantry. Is there a way to rebuild these units. They have little combat power, but require the full 6 command points to lead. As they are still active they are not back into the force pool to be rebuilt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Durk

Re: "Shattered Units"

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:22 pm

The artillery unit can be added with new infantry units. I send the division to a rear area where it can join with two new infantry division. If this does not work immediately, use the command tab. The minus sign (-) will make all artillery units solo. Now you can rebuild.
If this not the issue, remind us.

Husaria
Sergeant

Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:26 pm

I'll give that a try. That sounds like my issue, so I will try it, knowing that it is possible. Thanks.

Ebbingford

Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Just put the unit in passive posture in a region with a depot and make sure you have infantry replacements available on the F2 page of the ledger. It will rebuild up to it's original strength.

Durk

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:30 pm

That is interesting. I 'unload' all the artillery and rebuild. That means the artillery unit is part of a division which can absorb infantry replacements. So if you rebuild the division with replacements does it keep its experience rating?

leftguard
Corporal

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Yes, I've been doing this in my current campaign too. I'm playing with Easy Supply mode turned off. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but when I spot the artillery remains of a destroyed division, I send them back to a depot where they receive infantry replacements from my reserve pool.
I've not previously realised I could do this, and have left them as support artillery in a stack. This time around I realised the command cost was 6 points, as opposed to 1 for a single non-attached artillery that I have raised separately, and the penny dropped :siffle:

Return to “To End All Wars”