epaminondas
Colonel

Replacements

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:40 pm

Could we have the section of the manual dealing with replacements replaced by a section that actually tells one how to get the buggars, please. Currently there are twenty references to the beasties available and not one of them tells me how to conjure them up. They tell me their significance to play, factors that affect their distribution among units, that they can be purchased, that purchasing them makes them available from a thing a thing called the replacement pool, and that it's important to keep that well stocked with a range of varieties - but since they don't appear among the list of buildable military units I have no idea of how to even begin to do that. The closest I can get is Figure 38 which shows me an image of the Entente replacement pool and advises that I can find that within the War Front, which doesn't seem to exist, via shortcut F3, which takes me to an empty page headed Historical Options.

'Tis tres tres frustrating.

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Replacements

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Sorry. I think that should be filed under "venting". I just found a slider under Options that is set to provide them for me without fuss. Got fuss anyway.

Ebbingford

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:32 am

You're better off purchasing them for yourself.
Press F2, all the different replacement types that you need are listed for each nationality.

epaminondas
Colonel

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks Ebb - that will streamline things.

HHFD50
Captain

Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:55 pm

Replacements are definitely best managed manually, however, are too expensive IMO. In most cases it is either new units or replacements and rarely both.

epaminondas
Colonel

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:51 am

I'm grappling with that choice at the moment, HH. Good to know it's not because I've done something stupid.

Return to “To End All Wars”