Wiggum
Lieutenant

Eastern Entante cant play any political options ?

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi

I play the Eastern Entante and its May 1915 and still...ALL political options are shown as LOCKED !
Is this a bug ?

For example one political option says: CONDITION: Can be played from April 1915 onwards.

Its May 1915 and i still cant play it, the "unlocked" tab is empty !

Also another option has as condition just: Romania must be neutral.
Well they are neutral at the moment, still cant play the option.

Is this a bug ?

Ebbingford

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:49 pm

I think some of them unlock around the historical time that that event happened, others have a % chance to fire after that date, or will only fire if other conditions are met too. This is mentioned in the tool tip for some of them, it might be missing from the tool tip for others though, like the Romania option.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Wiggum
Lieutenant

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks

God why has everything be so cryptic in these games ?
Why cant the tool-tip nmention that "this option has a x% chance of becoming available after x.x.1915" or something like that...

Pocus

Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:20 pm

Mostly because the games ask for an insane amount of work and research and are sometime too ambitious for the size of the team :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Altaris

Re: Eastern Entante cant play any political options ?

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Somewhat late in beta testing, it became a little clunky having a ton of events all unlock on the same turn, so we added some probabilities (mostly 25% or 33%) to the unlocking of events to give them a little bit of variability and space out the unlocks a bit. It normally doesn't take long to unlock. I always meant to go back and update the tool-tips, but it was very late in the development cycle and other items took precedence.

This would be a good thing to update in the next patch, though. In meantime, if something doesn't unlock, give it a few turns and it should.

Return to “To End All Wars”