Sgt Kelso
Conscript

I love TEAW but

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:01 pm

..but the lack of quality, reactivity and precision from Ageod - e.g. typos and errors mentioned 2 (!) years ago are not yet fixed by a patch - is dispiriting. You lost a customer and I'm sorry for that.
You should learn from other designers at Matrix (look DC:Barbarossa, which is also designed by a very, very small team) : all errors are corrected in a matter of weeks. Also, all game functions in the manual are very carefully, clearly and precisely documented.

Bye Ageod,

PhilThib

Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:14 am

Sorry to hear that. We are indeed a small team, but we also handle more than one game at a time, which may explain why some can be more reactive as they only have one focus to keep. If you have somewhere a list of fixes you asked and were missed, we'll be more than happy to send them to the game design team for attention.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:36 am

Sgt Kelso wrote:..but the lack of quality, reactivity and precision from Ageod - e.g. typos and errors mentioned 2 (!) years ago are not yet fixed by a patch - is dispiriting. You lost a customer and I'm sorry for that.
You should learn from other designers at Matrix (look DC:Barbarossa, which is also designed by a very, very small team) : all errors are corrected in a matter of weeks. Also, all game functions in the manual are very carefully, clearly and precisely documented.

Bye Ageod,

Another conscript hurling abuse. I am glad the Phils handle it better than I would.

There seems to be a fashion for people to sign up to forums, fire off a bit of abuse and disappear. I've seen it on several game forums and photography ones too (especially if you want to start Canon vs Nikon debates). Fortunately it is a minority sport.

Sgt Kelso
Conscript

Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 am

>>"If you have somewhere a list of fixes you asked and were missed, we'll be more than happy to send them to the game design team for attention."

This list exists. Just publish a patch that takes care of the fixes requested, post after post, in the forum thread that you created aparently to that purpose - starting with the dozens of region/city names typos that linger in the map since World War One days and have never been fixed either in the database or in the scenario files ("Genth" instead of "Ghent", "Przesmyl" instead of "Przemysl" and so on).

You can add three more : in 1914 there was no such birds as "Val de Moselle", "Cotes d'Armor" or "Val de Meuse". If you take pride in using historically relevant toponyms and not administrative entities created in the 90s and 00s, use something like "Nomeny" for the first, "Guingamp" for the second and "Neufchateau" for the third (by the way "Neufchateau" is misplaced on the map - the region south of Vittel and north of Luxeuil should be called "Bourbonne".

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue May 24, 2016 1:55 am

Sgt Kelso wrote:>>"If you have somewhere a list of fixes you asked and were missed, we'll be more than happy to send them to the game design team for attention."

This list exists. Just publish a patch that takes care of the fixes requested, post after post, in the forum thread that you created aparently to that purpose - starting with the dozens of region/city names typos that linger in the map since World War One days and have never been fixed either in the database or in the scenario files ("Genth" instead of "Ghent", "Przesmyl" instead of "Przemysl" and so on).

You can add three more : in 1914 there was no such birds as "Val de Moselle", "Cotes d'Armor" or "Val de Meuse". If you take pride in using historically relevant toponyms and not administrative entities created in the 90s and 00s, use something like "Nomeny" for the first, "Guingamp" for the second and "Neufchateau" for the third (by the way "Neufchateau" is misplaced on the map - the region south of Vittel and north of Luxeuil should be called "Bourbonne".

Honestly, it does not take away from my enjoyment. I posted that in Civil War 2, Madisonville was in the wrong place -I should know. I lived 6 miles from it for 5 years! It never was on the big river North, but you know what I don't care. I still like playing the game!
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Mon May 30, 2016 6:19 am

Sgt Kelso wrote:("Genth" instead of "Ghent", "Przesmyl" instead of "Przemysl" and so on).

Is this still not fixed?
LOL
This has already been reported 2 years ago and we even made a spreadsheet with correct regions.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37543-Region-Name-Calling-all-English-German-Russian-Italian-players
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...qNvOg7jF7wiwQ/

FFj
Civilian

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:09 am

Nice to hear that after two years you still don't care about the map region's names, makes me feel really useful when I post something on your "help improve TEAW" section...

Let me guess: "we are a small team, we have many games to focus, etc etc". I have news for you: the community is starting to be fed up by those apologetic arguments!
Come on, two years to notice a fan made spread sheet, I myself remember that thread clearly and, when a fan ask something about, you don't even understand what is he talking about?

It's two years the fan base posted that spread sheet, would it be so complicated to implement those correction in the next patch? You canceled the strange irish zoo in WON, in order to get a stupid achievement, and you cannot change the name of ghent?

Ageod is getting more ridicule day by day....

Stauffenberg
General

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:12 pm

As a researcher and scenario designer myself I know the massive amount of research and play-testing that goes into something like this and I have to say these criticisms seem like minor quibbles really. Yes there are region errors, or the German navy having 3 Dresden cruisers etc, but TEAW is in a class of its own, effected by a small outfit with many irons in the design fire. I am sure they will refocus and polish this gem.

Altaris

Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:04 pm

There are two LocalStrings files under the EAW\Settings directory. You can open these in a text editor and modify the offending strings. Then save and reload the game. This will fix the region names in game.

vonBredow
Sergeant

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Altaris wrote:There are two LocalStrings files under the EAW\Settings directory. You can open these in a text editor and modify the offending strings. Then save and reload the game. This will fix the region names in game.

Altaris, dou you know which file contains unit names (as in regiment, army, corps, etc.)? I noticed some mistakes with the German names a while ago, and would like to correct them.

Sgt Kelso
Conscript

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Altaris wrote:There are two LocalStrings files under the EAW\Settings directory. You can open these in a text editor and modify the offending strings. Then save and reload the game. This will fix the region names in game.

Not correct. To have a consistent thing, you also need to edit - at least - the scenario file and the map graphic tiles.

And if you go for leader/unit names, again, its something different. You need to correct at least three different databases files. After hours spent trying to correct that, I gave up : too many files involved.

What I need is a patch that makes the required changes in the relevant files.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:As a researcher and scenario designer myself I know the massive amount of research and play-testing that goes into something like this and I have to say these criticisms seem like minor quibbles really. Yes there are region errors, or the German navy having 3 Dresden cruisers etc, but TEAW is in a class of its own, effected by a small outfit with many irons in the design fire. I am sure they will refocus and polish this gem.

I agree completely. Nobody else is designing anything even close to these games, and I do not let minor quibbles ruin these magnificent games for me.

Nikel

Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Perhaps it is time to release the database, cannot see it posted in this thread.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?5358-Official-Files-for-modding

Return to “To End All Wars”