darioVMannstein
Corporal

Perfect AI balance settings

Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:47 am

Seems like sometimes the AI put some ridic small units and push them behind my lines, makes it alot easier for me to cut them out of supply and kill them.
What kind of behaviour should I set up in the options by aggressiveness ? I am playing right now with normal aggr. Is there maybe a trick to let them not do these kind of nonsense maneuver ?

Regards

Thoronir
Conscript

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:48 pm

My experience playing with the settings is that no matter what you do after a year or so after the GCampaign starts the AI will have trouble incorporating its new recruits into its existing army and will scatter them all across the front as screening. It's not that bad in the sense that this is more historical than forming 5 doom stacks and leaving the rest of the front empty. It will disturb your battle lines and capture cities, forcing you to react and chase them. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, given how I've seen players use small cavalry elements to capture undefended cities and cut railways - it seems that the AI is trying to replicate that with more or less success. They are also able to gather very strong offensives as well quite often. I've had a Russian 200k Doom Stack sitting on a captured austrian fortress for 10 turns before they mounted a gigantic counter attack with as many men, pushing me back into Russia.

ifailmore
Sergeant

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:28 am

if your germany just think of this as russian cossack raiding the countryside and if they were from uk or france just think of them as deep raid forces :P

Return to “To End All Wars”