rosseau
Private

Trouble editing mdl's with expansion

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:05 am

For example, minor changes to leader stat's for TUR and GBR mdl files don't seem to be sticking. RUS mdl's can be modded. And yes, I do dump the caches. This is with the BtD expansion installed, Palestine scenario being used.

If no one has a similar problem, maybe I should re-install...

Altaris

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:51 pm

You have to delete the MODELS.cached file from under the GameData\Models folder (same applies for needing to delete UNITS.cached if you change unit data).

When you next load the game, it will take longer than normal as it generates a new cached file. This is done to speed up the loading of model and unit data but does require the previous cached file to be deleted for updated files to be taken into account.

rosseau
Private

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks Altaris for your response. As I said in my post, I do dump (delete) the caches.

If you have the game and expansion and are able to mod a TUR and/or GBR .mdl for Palestine scenario, then it's something on my end. I am no expert, but have been modding their games for years. Thanks again!

Altaris

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:14 am

Sorry, I missed that part of your post. I'm not sure the issue then. Can you double-check that the directory your EXE runs from is the same install directory you are navigating to get to the GameData directory? I remember on one of my installs of a beta patch my game started installing to a folder "To End All Wars" rather than the original "End All Wars" directory, so you may be running into something similar.

rosseau
Private

Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:08 am

Thanks Altaris. My RUS and SER mdl files in the same directory mod fine using the new 1916 scenario. But not TUR or GBR.

Wondering if someone could test TUR maybe? If it's me, I'll re-install. It's not affecting my enjoyment of the game, just odd.

Return to “To End All Wars”