magnum2016
Private

Keeping The United Kingdom Out Of The War

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:14 am

Hello I am currently playing as the Central Powers and I can not manage to keep the United Kingdom from joining the war, I sent a diplomat to the United Kingdom and they still declared war any help?

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Don't even bother trying, at best you can delay the U.K.s entry into the WE
TEAW Beta Team

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Likewise with U.S.A. and Italy the best you can hope for is extended period of neutrality.

I am of the opinion that you should be able to, at great cost, keep the U.S. neutral. The WE just has nore events to push Italy into Pro-Entente status and you don't. Unless youre willing to give up those defensible borders to Italy which will almost certainly delay their entry but not enough to make them stay neutral.

The bottom line is that you can't force the major countries into the opposite coalition. They will eventually join the side they historically fought with it's just a question of how long. U.S. and Britain are both locked into Pro-Entente stance permanently, which means you can never ever keep them neutral for good let alone entice them to the CP.

Unfortunately regardless of my opinion that's how it is, take it as an inviolable absolute guarantee that Britain, America, and Italy will join WE.

Best to hope for a slight delay nothing more.
TEAW Beta Team

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:47 pm

You could delay Italy and America by a year, beyond when they historically joined the war that is, or Italy if you are willing to wait for Ottoman Empire to join you. Just as you as CP cant get the others into your alliance, so too the Entene will never be able to sway the Ottomans away from joining your side, and the same with Bulgaria. Delaying Italy or America instead of focusing on getting Ottomans in right away is indeed a legitimate strategy, one less theatre to have to manage and the middle east theatre is where CP ultimately has a MASSIVE disadvantage in the long term. But like I said they will join the CP eventually. ...

Now some of the minors.... That's a different story. Those mknors which arent permanently neutral you can sway with a bit of hard work and some luck. Theres no reason not to since the only minor country that joined the CP was Bulgaria. That is one you should expedite because with a couple German corps and the Balkan Austrian troops you can easily obliterate Serbia once Bulgaria comes into the mix. Once Bulgaria comes in however its virtually guaranteed that Greece and Romania will. Thats not as bad for you. You can quickly smash Serbia into a pancake and set up a few troops in the south of Serbia and bc of the terrain the Entente wont be able to get past two you unless they are willing to dump some serious resources into the effort. Romania is even easier as long as you have some Austro-German troops at the border you'll spank Romania but good with less effort in less time than Serbia unless EE wants to send tons of troops and even if they do as long as youve got some Germans it wont resukt in anything but lower alignment in Russia bringing EE that much closer to their practically inevitable collapse.
TEAW Beta Team

magnum2016
Private

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Is it possible to get Romania and Greece to join CP?

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:42 pm

If you do not use the event which pushes Bulgaria to CP then yes. If you take this event it will basically push romania and greece into the allied camp. I cant remember what the event ia called but it gives Bulgaria a big alignment puah towards CP and an even bigger push with the other two towards Entente. If you simply relied on the diplomats you could do it but WE handles all Entente diplomacy and will fight for these three countries just as hard as you will
TEAW Beta Team

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:44 pm

If you've got other questions in other areas of the game then send me a private message anytime. Ive been playing this since the beta started.
TEAW Beta Team

magnum2016
Private

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 am

So is it possible to get all three countries on your side ?

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:48 pm

The Balkan powers? Well its possible yes. Once Bulgaria joins CP Greece automatically jumps a lot towards WE and they get the occupation of Salonika event. Its very very unlikely that you would get all three balkan minors though. Greece is pretty much guaranteed to enter WE and Bulgaria CP. Romania you can delay entry as CP. If the stars align then you might get insanely lucky the problem is that to get all three you would have to get Greece or Romania first, then get Bulgaria so you wouldn't suffer the malus that happens with Greece and Romania when Bulgaria joins CP.

As a rule if thumb it's extremely difficult and very improbable that you can get a country into the opposite coalition of which the joined historically. You have an ok shot with countries like Persia.

NEVER EVER PUT A DIPLOMAT ON MEXICO AS CP.

This causes the Zimmerman Telegram event to kick in giving U.S. a massive alignment shift towards WE. If you're trying to delay them then dont go near Mexico.
TEAW Beta Team

Nostra
Corporal

Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:41 am

HidekiTojo wrote:The Balkan powers? Well its possible yes. Once Bulgaria joins CP Greece automatically jumps a lot towards WE and they get the occupation of Salonika event. Its very very unlikely that you would get all three balkan minors though. Greece is pretty much guaranteed to enter WE and Bulgaria CP. Romania you can delay entry as CP. If the stars align then you might get insanely lucky the problem is that to get all three you would have to get Greece or Romania first, then get Bulgaria so you wouldn't suffer the malus that happens with Greece and Romania when Bulgaria joins CP.

As a rule if thumb it's extremely difficult and very improbable that you can get a country into the opposite coalition of which the joined historically. You have an ok shot with countries like Persia.

NEVER EVER PUT A DIPLOMAT ON MEXICO AS CP.

This causes the Zimmerman Telegram event to kick in giving U.S. a massive alignment shift towards WE. If you're trying to delay them then dont go near Mexico.

I am playing a PBEM right now as Germany and its January 1915 and Romania is at 82% CP and its going rapidly now with the Pro Centrals and high diplo chance.
I delayed the Ottoman entry so as not to fire the Armenian Genocide and ruin my lead in relations coupled with a day 1 Diplo into Romania.
2-3 lucky rolls and I got them nudged into the right direction. The EE can still fire the Event but even until that unlocks I should still be inside the Pro Central range.
Delaying Bulgarian Wargoals until after I secured Romanian should make it able for me to get both in around autumn/winter 1915.

magnum2016
Private

Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:56 am

Is it possible to get Mexico/Brazil/Norway/Denmark/Spain/Sweden on your side?

Merlin
General

Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:19 am

Nostra wrote:I am playing a PBEM right now as Germany and its January 1915 and Romania is at 82% CP and its going rapidly now with the Pro Centrals and high diplo chance.
I delayed the Ottoman entry so as not to fire the Armenian Genocide and ruin my lead in relations coupled with a day 1 Diplo into Romania.
2-3 lucky rolls and I got them nudged into the right direction. The EE can still fire the Event but even until that unlocks I should still be inside the Pro Central range.
Delaying Bulgarian Wargoals until after I secured Romanian should make it able for me to get both in around autumn/winter 1915.

You used my own diplo strategy against me. When I saw it developing, it made me laugh. :D

magnum2016 wrote:Is it possible to get Mexico/Brazil/Norway/Denmark/Spain/Sweden on your side?

Yes. Mexico is currently a waste of time for the CP because of the way the Zimmerman note works, and most of the others will simply offer good invasion targets for the WE, but Denmark and Sweden should be possible and defensible.

Kensai

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:55 am

There should be some more vigorous changes in the alternate reality plans so indeed the UK will stay out of the war (at least for some months) if Belgium is not violated.

Nostra wrote:I am playing a PBEM right now as Germany and its January 1915 and Romania is at 82% CP and its going rapidly now with the Pro Centrals and high diplo chance.

Confirming that this is something that should work a charm. I happen to have Romania approaching CP and Bulgaria the WE because of lucky rolls. If I had delayed the Ottomans for a couple of turns, I would have probably gotten both of them on my side. The Armenian Genocide decision, as it works now, is ruining the CP's diplomacy very early. However, the CP player should probably not delay it too much, otherwise the EE one could move the Caucasian Russian forces to join the fray against the Austro-Hungarians. The Turks can be a great nuisance and distraction, hopefully they will become more so if we manage to fix the dropping NM that makes them incapacitated in even walking a single region without losing all of their cohesion.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

PJL
Lieutenant

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:12 pm

I think Russia's Caucus front armies only get unlocked when OE comes into play. So on that front you don't have to worry about then. Unless there's a time limit that I'm not aware of.
Nico - Icon

'From without a thousand cycles
A thousand cycles to come
A thousand times to win
A thousand ways to run the world'
- Nico, 'Frozen Warnings'

magnum2016
Private

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Does getting the Ottoman Empire to join hurt relations with any countries?

Merlin
General

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Right now it automatically fires the Armenian genocide, damaging CP relations with pretty much everyone.

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 am

Well I am playing a PBEM against Merlin as the WE, I choose to go defensive and still the UK goes 5 points to the WE in the first real turn!!!!

I have not broken the neutrality of Belgium so what CB does the UK have for joining the war, heck the Entente don't even need to put a diplo on it. I think the UK should start at the same place as the OE and move at the same rate and let the French try to bribe them like the CP does to the OE.

magnum2016
Private

Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:10 am

Okay so i have managed to get Romania to join the Central Powers and Greece is next however i have a question does using gas have any downsides?

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:43 pm

It has an effect I believe if youre the one using it the first time. It does something like a -5% hit against you bc you're the first to use chemical weapons. This applies for each new chemical weapon. So with level 2 you get chlorine, if you use chlorine first you get the malus. This applies for phosgene and mustard gas. So the first to use those will also get the malus. Either way its not a massive hit unless you are the first to use like 2 of them and you do it on the same turn.
TEAW Beta Team

magnum2016
Private

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:59 am

Well i was talking about diplomatically does it hurt?

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:19 am

I do not believe so, though you will lose NM per use.

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Just check the tool tip
TEAW Beta Team

bob.
General

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Merlin wrote:Yes. Mexico is currently a waste of time for the CP because of the way the Zimmerman note works, and most of the others will simply offer good invasion targets for the WE, but Denmark and Sweden should be possible and defensible.

This is a few weeks old, but for anyone who tries it I want to note that Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Spain, China, Brazil can't actually join the war. They won't join if you get them to 100 %.
So don't bother with diplomats there :D

Le Ricain

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:30 pm

bob. wrote:This is a few weeks old, but for anyone who tries it I want to note that Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Spain, China, Brazil can't actually join the war. They won't join if you get them to 100 %.
So don't bother with diplomats there :D

I did not realise that both Brazil and China will not join the war. Historically, both nations did join the allies. On 14.08.17, China declared war on Germany and Austria-Hungary. On 26.10.17, Brazil declared war on Germany.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

bob.
General

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Oh sorry, then I have to take that back. Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Spain can definitely not join though.

Le Ricain

Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:30 pm

bob. wrote:Oh sorry, then I have to take that back. Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Spain can definitely not join though.

I think that you have misunderstood my comment. I was not disagreeing with your observation. I just did not realise that Brazil and China could not join the WE in the game. I thought that this was odd as in real life, both nations joined the WE in 1917. It could be argued that Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Spain should remain neutral in EAW, as they were historically, but China and Brazil joined the allies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Kensai

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:42 pm

When Belgium is not invaded, Britain should be delayed at least some months, possibly well into 1915. Eventually I guess it would have joined out of rivalry with the Germans and to protect the French. I don't think the French can last long without the British help, even when the CP chooses a less advantageous plan than the Schlieffen.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

The Lev
Sergeant

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Well, there is one way to keep the UK out of the war-relying either on luck or what some may consider cheating. And there's a way to prevent the Armenian genocide too, although it might seem...a bit of an....unconventional approach.

The WE have an option (Plan XX I think) which sees them invade Belgium pre-emptively, and this really damages their stance with Britain. As the Central Powers this gives you some breathing space in which to keep Britain out, I'm in mid 1915 and Britain is still neutral, but the AI is diplo-blocking me there and i can't get Britain to have more than 29% CP alignment, and while ultimately i might end up facing the US and Italy I'll stick with the current option.

Bear in mind, the AI does not like invading Belgium as the French, you might have to start up the guns of august start 10-20 times as CP to get lucky enough for the French to go for it. Oh and if you go for the Schlieffen plan, despite both forces invading Belgium at the same time Britain automatically joins the allies and you have two very competent French armies poised to block you. You could play as the French and pick warplan XX, then switch to CP, but that does freeze the French AI for a turn and leaves the CP warplans up in the air, as well as spending some resources.

If you really don't want the OE to join, declare war on them as CP. It's one hell of a curveball and it might even damage your relationship with other neutral powers, but they are on the other side of the map-and they can't really do anything against the CP unless you bring in Bulgaria/Greece. I've yet to try this but who knows, maybe it triggers the Armenian genocide for the Entente, Maybe it unlocks all those Russian Caucasus stacks and sees Turkish armies rolling into Ukraine-no idea. Maybe I'm missing something to stall the Ottoman entry but from my games, it seems declaring war on them might be the only thing that can stop their entry.

Hope that's answered some questions, including the original one in the thread

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 am

If you get XX plan for WE, Koenig plan for CP and not rush Turkey you may get by till 1916.
"Best way to win a war is not to fight it"

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Bottom line is that there's two countries that are both permanently pro-entente:

Great Britain and United States.

They will slowly, inexorably move towards Entente bc they get guaranteed 1 point towards Entente every turn Instead of going back to neutral
TEAW Beta Team

Return to “To End All Wars”