Jinx
Captain

Off limit territory.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:24 pm

None of my fleets, Japanese or British, can enter the Bismark Inseln sea territory in the Pacific Theater, I get the message "One or more of your units can not enter this territory" or some such.
I've tried everything from a torpedo boat to transports to battleships, individually and in fleets, and they've been ships that can go everywhere else. Not attached to any coastal ships or anything.

Is this by fault or by intent?
"Mon centre céde, ma droite recule, situation excellente, j’attaque."
~ Ferdinand Foch, in the defensive actions to prevent a German breakthrough in 1914.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:28 pm

Intent. I believe its the harsh weather. I'm not sure the time frame when it clears.

Jinx
Captain

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:31 pm

TXcavalier wrote:Intent. I believe its the harsh weather. I'm not sure the time frame when it clears.

Ah. Thanks
~ Ferdinand Foch, in the defensive actions to prevent a German breakthrough in 1914.

Jim-NC

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:25 am

You can still have troops disembark onto the island to capture it. (they can do it from the South Pacific? (I think) region)
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jinx
Captain

Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:19 am

Jim-NC wrote:You can still have troops disembark onto the island to capture it. (they can do it from the South Pacific? (I think) region)

Really! Huh! I wouldn't have guessed.
See, all these things, fiddling around getting around a problem, I really don't have time for.
Thanks for the info!

I wonder if they will ever make a game complex enough, one must virtually apprentice oneself with a master and play alongside in a game to fully absorb all the tricks to it.

Many thanks.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:27 am

I think Bismark Inseln is more like a land province. Since, it doesn't have a sea connection inside its box like many colonial spots. If you use Japanese they will teleport back to Nippon from that location (I just had it happen to me). But, you'll still capture the province.

Merlin
General

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:25 am

Yeah, it's basically a land province. You can still use the port if you drag directly onto the structure.

Jinx
Captain

Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:20 am

TXcavalier wrote:I think Bismark Inseln is more like a land province. Since, it doesn't have a sea connection inside its box like many colonial spots. If you use Japanese they will teleport back to Nippon from that location (I just had it happen to me). But, you'll still capture the province.

Hold on, so I can't use the Japanese to take this territory? Or I can, but immediately after doing so they get teleported back to Japan. Your post has me a bit confused.
I thought I read somewhere in an AAR that after the Japanese took Tsing-Tau, the player moved the troops to Bismark Inslet.

Are the Japanese the only nation so restricted? What about, say, the Mexicans?

That's odd that it doesn't have a sea connection/ sea territory in its box. Why make this one different from all the rest I wonder.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Jinx wrote:Hold on, so I can't use the Japanese to take this territory? Or I can, but immediately after doing so they get teleported back to Japan. Your post has me a bit confused.
I thought I read somewhere in an AAR that after the Japanese took Tsing-Tau, the player moved the troops to Bismark Inslet.

Are the Japanese the only nation so restricted? What about, say, the Mexicans?

That's odd that it doesn't have a sea connection/ sea territory in its box. Why make this one different from all the rest I wonder.

They took it but were then transported back to Japan. I only had 10% military control. I used a French Transport. Maybe that's the issue. If the French transport is the problem, I don't know why they would be sent home after already landing.

Hungry Joe
Conscript

Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:37 am

The problem isn't the Frenchness of their transportation - I've had exactly the same teleportation happen with Japanese troops landed from a Japanese transport.

Altaris

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:20 am

Japanese shouldn't be limited from taking the Bismark Islands, probably missed adding it to the allowable areas for Japanese troops during one of the map redraws later in the game development. I'll take a look at it over the next day or two and add to the fixes for next patch.

Kensai

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:02 am

Good call.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:05 am

Yea I brought this up in beta awhile ago
TEAW Beta Team

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:19 am

It was the australians who took Bismarckinseln and fairly quickly too.
TEAW Beta Team

Return to “To End All Wars”