Jinx
Captain

Plucky lucky glitchy Luxembourg.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:15 am

Seriously, I've beern sitting on this territory for 10 turns. It is still 100% CP. Occasionally the General sitting on it becomes active and I set him to go berserk on the city, but he always reverts to a defensive stance the city remains unbesiged.

The tooltip states that the military control belongs 100% to the CP and Luxembourg, yet I can still rail through.

Anyone else have this issue?
"Mon centre céde, ma droite recule, situation excellente, j’attaque."
~ Ferdinand Foch, in the defensive actions to prevent a German breakthrough in 1914.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:32 am

Jinx wrote:Seriously, I've beern sitting on this territory for 10 turns. It is still 100% CP. Occasionally the General sitting on it becomes active and I set him to go berserk on the city, but he always reverts to a defensive stance the city remains unbesiged.

The tooltip states that the military control belongs 100% to the CP and Luxembourg, yet I can still rail through.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hi Jinx, in my one and only game against the AI as the CP I had the same problem. I attacked and took Luxemburg but it stayed 100% Entente military control despite me occupying it for months. I think it is a glitch that needs patching... fortunately it doesn't seem to affect movement as you have noted. Maybe it represents the indomitable spirit of the stalwart inhabitants of Luxemburg... never surrender!!
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

havi
Colonel

Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:46 am

And i thought their motto was never pay taxes silly mee

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:10 pm

havi wrote:And i thought their motto was never pay taxes silly mee

Ha, ha! When you don't have an army you don't need taxes....
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

caranorn

Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:59 pm

havi wrote:And i thought their motto was never pay taxes silly mee

You are mistaken, we pay taxes, it's the big corporations who don't ;-) ...

Back to the issue, I think there might be an alignment issue here. That is that Luxembourg is seen as neutral but accesible to both sides by the engine. While this wouldn't hinder movement (unless maybe a ZoC existed in a neighb ouring region) I expect supply won't move through. Historically this also makes no sense as Luxembourg was German controlled from the start of the war, but came under US control after the Germans withdrew...

P.S.: After buying a share in an amphibious ship, a couple of transport aircraft, the Luxembourgish Army will now invest in military satelites (I'm not joking :-( ). We've actually repeatedly been forced by Nato to raise military spending...
Marc aka Caran...

elxaime
General

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:14 am

Is there a way to hot fix this? I am in a PBEM now and if no supply can go through Luxembourg that is no good.

EDIT - I am wondering if placing a German militia with a supply unit in Luxembourg and leaving it there will enable German supply to radiate through the region? The military control seems stuck permanently so that it remains "disputed" but I am thinking even a small actual German presence will enable a supply network. Any thoughts on this?

Jim-NC

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:50 pm

For a hot fix, you could try a script to change the control of the region(s). I am not sure if it 1 or 2. Run the script during the next turn, and "presto" the region will change (if you get the syntax correct that is).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “To End All Wars”