zooter
Captain

new patch questions

Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:43 pm

I am playing as the Central powers.
I captured a Russian bomber in 1914
I won two games in mid 1915 playing on Sgt and Lt. levels, I barely got out of Germany and I mean barely,and won a moral victory, 150 points. You need to do something about this.
When Turkey or another country joins the Central powers does the money and conscripts count go up?
Where are the fortification graphics? How do I know what level I'm at?
One game I have barbed wire the next nothing. Could you put a text line in the province info tool tip indicating the status, breached,not breached. Can't see sometimes if the province is small and there are lots of stacks.
Why in March 1915 do I only have 800 conscripts available? Pre patch games I had around 2000.
The AI seems to like to take back certain places like Metz, it's an automatic meat grinder that lasts for turns and turns. I just sit there and let the French and English throw their troops away and then clean up the pieces, does not make for an interesting game.

Jinx
Captain

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:12 am

I'm sure someone else will answer you in greater depth and thoroughness. But I suggest trying to play the game with a human player, the level of difficulty and enjoyment go up exponentially! I would hazard to say it's almost the ONLY way the game should be played!
Check out the multiplayer sub forum to look for any other potential players.

Cheers!
"Mon centre céde, ma droite recule, situation excellente, j’attaque."
~ Ferdinand Foch, in the defensive actions to prevent a German breakthrough in 1914.

Jim-NC

Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:50 am

Hello and welcome to the forums zooter. :wavey:

Can you explain what you did to get to 150 NM without leaving Germany? Without more information, the Devs can't make any changes. Clicking on your stack will show the fortification level (it's in the box on the lower right, below the supply and ammo levels). The game changed from the betas we were testing before launch. They changed some of the base parameters (money, conscripts, starting replacements, etc.).

Which patch are you using?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zooter
Captain

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:24 pm

In one game I took Antwerp. in another I did not. In one game I took northern France but made only modest gains in Russia . I was outside warsaw. In the other game I barely got out of Germany and was fighting in Lodes in Poland. In both games I captured a Russian bomber in 1914. The thing that was the same in both games was the meat grinder effect. The French destroyed army after army trying to take Metz and in another game Nancy. I captrured so many supply and air units I didn't know what to do with them. In Russia it was the same they threw army after army against Ivangrod. The Russians also lost a couple of armies attacking a Austrian border fortification. I had ships in the Med shipping box and beat the French navy. in one game my national moral never went below 120. I lost very few battles. Hope this helps . I am using the latest official patch. I had wire graphics around units in one game and not in the other. Rather liked the graphics from the un patched game, any info you don't have to go looking for is good.

Pocus

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:53 pm

You have to restart the game to have the AI updates the attacks on Metz etc. In 1.00 these attacks were maintained for too long.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “To End All Wars”