Jinx
Captain

Supply for Tsing-Tau

Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:01 pm

How does one keep the Japanese army in Tsing-Tau in supply? Short of building heaps of supply trains and transporting them to Asia, I can't see any economical solution.
I must be missing something completely obvious.

Thanks for the help and advice!
Cheers!
"Mon centre céde, ma droite recule, situation excellente, j’attaque."
~ Ferdinand Foch, in the defensive actions to prevent a German breakthrough in 1914.

DrPostman

Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:34 am

Relay a supply wagon on a transport ship. All I have ever needed was to send one at a time
to Japan, rest a turn, and then ship it back. That's usually good enough for a siege.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Jim-NC

Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:55 am

I assume that this is during the siege of the region, before the capture.

It appears to me from some testing that I have done, that ships will give supply to units that are in an adjacent province. So you would keep transports in the sea region just outside the fort.

If after capture, I left a transport ship in the base with the garrison (my garrison was only 1 division, and was thus really small). The transport ship "fed" the garrison, and kept asking for supplies, thus the garrison was in 100% supply.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jinx
Captain

Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:39 am

Jim-NC wrote:I assume that this is during the siege of the region, before the capture.

It appears to me from some testing that I have done, that ships will give supply to units that are in an adjacent province. So you would keep transports in the sea region just outside the fort.

If after capture, I left a transport ship in the base with the garrison (my garrison was only 1 division, and was thus really small). The transport ship "fed" the garrison, and kept asking for supplies, thus the garrison was in 100% supply.

Hmm, if I understand correctly, a person need only park a couple transport ships (although not necessarily carrying a supply train?) just off the coast of pre-conquered city of Tsing-Tau. This will automatically keep the army in supply?

Huh! Who would have thought!

I confess I don't understand the relay system proposed by Dr. Postman, is that a post conquest situation? I can not see a way to load and offload my transport ships otherwise.

Thank you all so much for your help. Honestly.
Cheers!
~ Ferdinand Foch, in the defensive actions to prevent a German breakthrough in 1914.

DrPostman

Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 am

You can load and offload without controlling the port. That being said the keeping
transport ships next to them sounds better.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Jinx
Captain

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:06 am

DrPostman wrote:You can load and offload without controlling the port. That being said the keeping
transport ships next to them sounds better.

I see, thank you very much!

Le Ricain

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Yes, you need transport ships to get the Japanese army to Tsing-Tau. Leaving the transports with the blockading fleet will keep the troops supplied.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:08 am

Its still tricky you have to constantly detach a couple ships and send them for resupply. Its pretty darn close to Japan and the real soege was pretty short and I havent run into any evidence of supply issues for Nippon troops in Tsingtau
TEAW Beta Team

PhilThib

Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:37 am

One "easy" solution would be to create an event that supplies Tsingtau always when Japanese held

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:46 pm

I mean during the siege itself.

Why should their forces be starving? It makes no sense. You would think that the overseas supply capacity of the WE would easily be able to keep up with the Japanese forces at Tsingtau.
TEAW Beta Team

Return to “To End All Wars”