TheKaisersMustache
Civilian

Trenches?

Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:04 am

I just bought EAW and I was wondering how the trench system works in this game? How do I build trenches? I played the tutorial and it wasn't too helpful. Thanks for any help you can give

DrPostman

Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:46 am

TheKaisersMustache wrote:I just bought EAW and I was wondering how the trench system works in this game? How do I build trenches? I played the tutorial and it wasn't too helpful. Thanks for any help you can give

Your units will entrench themselves if you put them in a defensive stance. The
longer they stay the bigger the entrenchment bonus gets.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Nico165
Lieutenant

Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:46 pm

And if you play with the beta patch, there is a new trench memory. If you have military control of a region (>50%), the trench level will stay for new units. In 1.00, the trench level is solely linked to the units.

Jim-NC

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:06 am

Welcome to the forums TheKaisersMustache. :wavey:
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Altaris

Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:48 am

TheKaisersMustache may be the best forum handle I've seen yet! Wilhelm II's stache doesn't normally get the credit and prestige it so deserves! :D

Kensai

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:32 am

Please also remember that there is a difference (historical) between how the game abstracts the Western and Eastern fronts. In the East the entrenchment levels go up much smaller and stay smaller allowing for a more mobile conflict.

Altaris wrote:TheKaisersMustache may be the best forum handle I've seen yet! Wilhelm II's stache doesn't normally get the credit and prestige it so deserves! :D

I am waiting in trepidation for his avatar! :hat:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Pocus

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:31 am

A contender to your, no doubt!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “To End All Wars”