Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

New Nations Being Added?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:36 pm

So when/if do y'all plan to add some of the nations included in the game but who are currently impossible to bring into the war?

Just as an aside I'm the Ottoman Player in the Paradox Interactive Mass AAR going on right now. I wish I had been playing a nation in the game from the beginning, if I had I would be posting right alongside Merlin (I know him as von Murrin, but whatever :p )

Edit: Also does anyone know why I'm unable to get an Avatar or edit my profile or settings in any way? Kinda OT to the post but figured I might as well ask...

Pocus

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:07 am

There might be a limitation until you have posted some more.

No nation addition planned for now, but nothing fixed in stone either. That would demande rewriting a good part of the campaign setup though.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Pocus wrote:There might be a limitation until you have posted some more.

No nation addition planned for now, but nothing fixed in stone either. That would demande rewriting a good part of the campaign setup though.

So no Spain, China, or Sweden in the foreseeable future?

AndrewKurtz

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Projekt Pasha wrote:So no Spain, China, or Sweden in the foreseeable future?

That's how I interpret "No nation addition planned for now".

Švejk
Conscript

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Projekt Pasha wrote:So no Spain, China, or Sweden in the foreseeable future?

No Confederacy for you either. ;)
And so on that memorable day there appeared on the Prague streets a moving example of loyalty. An old woman pushing before her a bathchair, in which there sat a man in an army cap with a finely polished Imperial badge and waving his crutches. And in his buttonhole there shone the gay flowers of a recruit.
And this man, waving his crutches again and again, shouted out to the streets of Prague: "To Belgrade, to Belgrade!"

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Š wrote:No Confederacy for you either. ;)

I see you must know me from the Paradox Forums :p

Who are you over there?

Švejk
Conscript

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Projekt Pasha wrote:I see you must know me from the Paradox Forums :p

Who are you over there?

I have the exact same location and signature. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out. ;)
And so on that memorable day there appeared on the Prague streets a moving example of loyalty. An old woman pushing before her a bathchair, in which there sat a man in an army cap with a finely polished Imperial badge and waving his crutches. And in his buttonhole there shone the gay flowers of a recruit.
And this man, waving his crutches again and again, shouted out to the streets of Prague: "To Belgrade, to Belgrade!"

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Š wrote:I have the exact same location and signature. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out. ;)

Ah, I hadn't noticed that earlier. Good to see you Skynet.

Blond_Knight
Private

Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:31 am

Pocus wrote:That would demande rewriting a good part of the campaign setup though.

OK. And if you could create an extensive document about how that's done that would be great too, yeah.
Oh and Im going to need you to come in over the weekend and get that done, yeah. :)

DrPostman

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:24 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Albania opened up, not as a power, just as land you can walk through
like the Serbs did to save their army.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Jinx
Captain

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:41 pm

Projekt Pasha wrote:So when/if do y'all plan to add some of the nations included in the game but who are currently impossible to bring into the war?

Just as an aside I'm the Ottoman Player in the Paradox Interactive Mass AAR going on right now. I wish I had been playing a nation in the game from the beginning, if I had I would be posting right alongside Merlin (I know him as von Murrin, but whatever :p )

Edit: Also does anyone know why I'm unable to get an Avatar or edit my profile or settings in any way? Kinda OT to the post but figured I might as well ask...

Hey Projekt Pasha!
You should throw me the link to your AAR! That's the game EAW game where you have...6 players that was on this site a while back?
That looked like fun!
I tried looking around for it on Paradox Forums, but my internet is a bit weak where I am right now and it took forever to navigate around.
Thanks!

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Jinx wrote:Hey Projekt Pasha!
You should throw me the link to your AAR! That's the game EAW game where you have...6 players that was on this site a while back?
That looked like fun!
I tried looking around for it on Paradox Forums, but my internet is a bit weak where I am right now and it took forever to navigate around.
Thanks!

It is in the OT forum, you can't miss it once you are there. Here is the Central Powers thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?799378-To-End-All-WAARs-Central-Powers-AAR-amp-Discussion-Thread

The current Players are:

Germany: The Lone Gunman
Austria-Hungary: Anglo-American
Ottoman Empire: Me!
Bulgaria: Hyme

France: von Murrin (Merlin on these forums)
Great Britain: Ringhloth (Ringhloth on these forums)
Italy: Jarkko (Jarrko on these forums)
Russia: Anazagar
Serbia: PJL
Romania: von Rundstedt
Japan: Teep
Current Russian player in the third Paradox OT Forums Mass AAR.

Former Ottoman Player in the first Paradox Forums TEAW Mass Multiplayer AAR. Victor of Tripoli, Tyr, and Xanthi. Defender of the Holy Cities of Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medinah. Conqueror of Kuwait and Kitchener. Bane of the British and Sword of the House of Osman.

Militant confederate in my spare time. :neener:

Jinx
Captain

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:55 am

That's brilliant! Thanks for the link!
Hah! Looks like a blast! I need to emulate and start my own game like this! :-)
Although I'd imagine it's a bit clunky due to passing around the save.
I hope we get some spiffy new ways to play multiplayer someday soon!

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Jinx wrote:That's brilliant! Thanks for the link!
Hah! Looks like a blast! I need to emulate and start my own game like this! :-)
Although I'd imagine it's a bit clunky due to passing around the save.
I hope we get some spiffy new ways to play multiplayer someday soon!

It really is a blast, and while it is a bit slow it is no less clunky than a normal PBEM. It also leads to much more realistic wars due to politicking and resource constraints.

Former Ottoman Player in the first Paradox Forums TEAW Mass Multiplayer AAR. Victor of Tripoli, Tyr, and Xanthi. Defender of the Holy Cities of Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medinah. Conqueror of Kuwait and Kitchener. Bane of the British and Sword of the House of Osman.

Jinx
Captain

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:24 pm

Mm I'd imagine so!
How do you divy up the resources? I wonder if it would be practical to take note of the CP's monetary, conscript, and war supplies gains before a nation joins. Then compare it to the gains after it has joined. Of course Germany would probably send war supplies and such to buff nations up once in a while.
That's probably way to complex! Haha!
On average, how long does it take to play a turn?

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Jinx wrote:Mm I'd imagine so!
How do you divy up the resources? I wonder if it would be practical to take note of the CP's monetary, conscript, and war supplies gains before a nation joins. Then compare it to the gains after it has joined. Of course Germany would probably send war supplies and such to buff nations up once in a while.
That's probably way to complex! Haha!
On average, how long does it take to play a turn?

We make requests to the faction leader either in the thread or by email. He does his best to grant them after taking into account his own needs and resource constraints. It is fairly simple and it has served us well thus far. The biggest issue has been that everyone has been out of manpower since spring of 1915 so while money and WSU are plentiful there are only 250 or so conscript units to go around per turn. There really aren't enough men for any new infantry divisions, only for artillery and support units.

Between 1-2 days on average. Rarely we might get two a day or one in three days but that is less common.

Jinx
Captain

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:28 pm

That's not too bad for the turn speed! I thought there would be more difficulties.
Oh so allocation of resources is not too bad then.
I've been working through your thread on PI, great stuff. Hurrah for the Central Powers!!!
Cheers and best of luck!

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:37 am

It is certainly entertaining, especially when Projekt gets a full head of steam going.

There are 3 threads about the PBEM going all over 40 pages long, so get a cup of coffee and settle into see some disturbing behaviour.

Return to “To End All Wars”