Arne
Corporal

Promotable Generals

Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Is there an easy to ascertain if you have any generals that can be promoted? I know you can look at the turn scripts (or whatever you call them) but if you miss it ... then it seems like you have to scroll through every general to find out if they can be promoted.

Highlandcharge

Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:12 pm

The generals name flashes at the bottom of his unit box in the army column at the bottom of the screen if he is up for promotion :-)

Arne
Corporal

Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:21 pm

But you still have to have select that general first correct? It would nice to have some summary/list of promotable generals.

Highlandcharge

Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Yes you still have to select the general... another way to tell if a general may be up for promotion is how well he did in the battle, between that, the flashing name and the log message I usually notice them :-)

But yes a clickable summary would if possible be good...

Blond_Knight
Private

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:03 pm

If you miss it you can promote them the next turn correct? Or is the promotion available that turn only?

caranorn

Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Blond_Knight wrote:If you miss it you can promote them the next turn correct? Or is the promotion available that turn only?

Only if he gains sufficient seniority as every turn a promotable leader is not promoted he loses one point of seniority. So if he was only barely promotable he will no longer be the following turn, on the other hand if he gained a lot of seniority he will most likely be promotable for several turns...
Marc aka Caran...

Kensai

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I have noticed sometimes 3-star Generals flash as well. They can't be further promoted though.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

bob.
General

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Kensai wrote:I have noticed sometimes 3-star Generals flash as well. They can't be further promoted though.

That's the new patch feature showing who is Commander in Chief, not promotion eligibility.

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:49 pm

To me the obvious solution is to go back to the old way where the generals whom you could promote flashed red in the ledger.

Arne
Corporal

Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:18 pm

I agree the old way was better. Easy to miss promotions this way.

DrPostman

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Your system notifications will tell you that someone is promotable too.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Kensai

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:25 pm

bob. wrote:That's the new patch feature showing who is Commander in Chief, not promotion eligibility.

Guilty as charged, I must have missed the notes. It remains to be seen, however, if it works in every theater! And yes, a different color both for promotions as well as CiC would help. This current flashing is rather weak.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

bob.
General

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Kensai wrote:Guilty as charged, I must have missed the notes. It remains to be seen, however, if it works in every theater! And yes, a different color both for promotions as well as CiC would help. This current flashing is rather weak.

From what I can tell, yes it works in every theater. It's a very useful little feature.
Considering CiC's are unpromotable 3-star generals, I think the current solution is just fine.

hajbrad971
Conscript

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:22 am

I still have problems with promoting Generals especially British ones. Do the notifications say "So and so is promotable" or do they imply promotability by saying that so and so's seniority has improved? Also what is the meaning of the little gold star that appears on a unit tile or on a Corps tile that is led by a General? I have yet to have any success promoting a 2 star British general to 3 star which makes getting rid of Sir John French, something I would dearly love to do :w00t: , impossible.

Return to “To End All Wars”