Templer
General

Your EAW wishlist!

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:53 am

Hi gents,

I found this: Forum -> Topic Forums -> General discussions -> your wishlist and want now to hijack this demand for 'To End All Wars'.

Post at most 5 entries, no more than a line of text per entry, of your 5 most wanted features on gameplay, interface, AI, etc.
Greetings
Templer

Templer
General

Templer's EAW wishlist

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:56 am

1. Improved AI
  2. Enlargeable message panel like in PON
  3. Extensive improvements of the ledger. Especially with the search and sort functions.
  4. Make the U-Boot war more spectacular.
  5. Bring back the replay button.
Greetings

Templer

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:43 pm

1. Improved AI.
2. Improved AI.
3. Improved AI.
4. Improved AI.
5. Improved AI.

Shri

Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:02 pm

AI and some game-play aspects have been balanced in the patches, at higher level i.e. LT and above AI plays quite well now. Problems do persist in NAVAL war to an extant but overall major changes have been made, please wait for official patch and then continue this thread.

Highlandcharge

Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:25 pm

95% of forum members are waiting patiently for either the public beta or the official patch :cool:

Ace

Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:23 pm

fred zeppelin wrote:1. Improved AI.
2. Improved AI.
3. Improved AI.
4. Improved AI.
5. Improved AI.

:mdr:

You did identify the biggest problem. Soon you'll find out if you are satisfied with the results...

comsolut
Civilian

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:16 pm

The Patch.

HHFD50
Captain

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Trench warfare (decision that starts off with both sides engaging in a light skirmish, then the AI decides if one side has gained an advantage allowing stacks to auto-activate and launch an attack with a slight bonus). Anything will do. The game seems to lack this element-arguably the "face" of the whole war.
Ranged artillery LAND bombardment (can be done via decisions the same as naval bombardment/ sieges)
Improved submarine use and warfare
Britain not entering the war right away if Germany decides to invade Switzerland instead of Belgium. Britain mainly entered only to protect Belgium. Why not represent this?
Improved AI

dublish
Corporal

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:08 pm

HHFD50 wrote:Britain not entering the war right away if Germany decides to invade Switzerland instead of Belgium. Britain mainly entered only to protect Belgium. Why not represent this?

I'd settle for Britain not entering the war right away if France decides to invade Luxemburg.

samba_liten
Sergeant

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:10 am

1. review of the pursuit mechanic to make it less "19th century", but see point 2 also.
2. changing combat mechanics to reflect the evolution of tactics during the war, i.e. open warfare followed by trench warfare, followed by open warfare again, but under new circumstances.
3.more details in the ledger, i.e. location of generals.
4.deeper simulation of finance and the home front (bonds, gold reserves, inflation, international loans, strikes, food riots, u-boat war).
5.expansion into a PON covering the 20th century :thumbsup:

Altaris

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:18 am

dublish wrote:I'd settle for Britain not entering the war right away if France decides to invade Luxemburg.

Next patch will delay British war entry a bit if ahistorical conditions occur in the beginning of the game.

Searry
Colonel

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:41 pm

1. Search function for the message box.
2. Replay button.
3. More different uniforms for the troops.
4. Histories for the leaders when you hover over them.
5. Quicker turn resolution times.

I'm a PBEM player so I don't care about the AI.

Nico165
Lieutenant

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:45 pm

1. Reading the changelog of the patch
2. Testing it
3. Coming back here

:cool:

Cleverspeudonym
Civilian

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:08 pm

1.Expansion of the map of Europe so regions like Iberia and Scandinavia are represented with more than one tile.

2. Units for the neutral countries to have historically accurate portraits instead of using the "CMN" texture for most of them.
3.Make "recognize Italian war goals" invalid if the Central powers choose to cede land to Italy first.

MrFreeze
Conscript

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:01 am

Faster turn processing, it's a game breaker for me since day one.
Better UI (bigger, more readable)
More scenarios (different starting years or limited to 1 theatre)
... and I almost forget: Generals biography

Grimbold
Civilian

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:49 am

1. Replay button
2. Correct regimental naming of the german regiments/brigades

Regarding point 2:

Right now the wrong regiments are assigned to the different Corps / Divisions. For example in the 1. Armee-Korps (1. Division) we have IR Nr. 115 - 118 (Hessians) while actually we should have "Grenadier-Regiment „Kronprinz“ (1. Ostpreußisches) Nr. 1", "Infanterie-Regiment „von Boyen“ (5. Ostpreußisches) Nr. 41", "Grenadier-Regiment „König Friedrich Wilhelm I.“ (2. Ostpreußisches) Nr. 3" and "Infanterie-Regiment „Herzog Karl von Mecklenburg-Strelitz“ (6. Ostpreußisches) Nr. 43" (East-Prussians) in there.
Another example would be the Garde-Korps were we have IR. Nr. 30, 31, 32 and 41 and should have the "1. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß ", "3. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß", "2. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß" and "Garde-Füsilier-Regiment" in.

Obviously it´s nothing too disturbing but for the sake of accuracy and detail you should correct that. I assume you simply made a little error assigning one list to another or something like that.

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:51 am

1. More theatre specific scenarios.
2. Diplomacy to change the drift of preset nations, if I recognise Italian claims I expect that they will begin to drift towards the CP, etc.

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:13 pm

samba_liten wrote:1. review of the pursuit mechanic to make it less "19th century", but see point 2 also.
2. changing combat mechanics to reflect the evolution of tactics during the war, i.e. open warfare followed by trench warfare, followed by open warfare again, but under new circumstances.
:

+1

The combat model used in the game seems more suited to a set piece pitched battle between two opposing armies (ancient to 18th century). It does not reflect WW1 combat as I understand it. It's a good game with lots of detail but it does not feel like WW1 to me at present. However, I think it can be improved. I'm sure various things can be changed and added to make it a better simulation than at present.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:59 pm

1. Fix Russian cities - 1.01rc7 mixed them all up.
2. Merging units - not just ones with missing elements but, say, creating a full-strength division out of 2 divisions that have all their elements but they are of partial strength.
3. An option to raze level 2 depots.
4. Mixed air wings like in RUS.
5. Penalty for multiple nationalities in a stack without a proper commander.

Highlandcharge

Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:14 pm

What Russian cities are mixed up?

Thanks

Edit

RGA how far have you played into the game? What in particular doesn't feel like WWI in EAW?

By the way RGA the game invitation is still open :-)

Yes retreat losses are to heavy like you said and should be looked at and tweaked..

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:08 am

Highlandcharge wrote:What Russian cities are mixed up?

Thanks

Edit

RGA how far have you played into the game? What in particular doesn't feel like WWI in EAW?

By the way RGA the game invitation is still open :-)

Yes retreat losses are to heavy like you said and should be looked at and tweaked..

I have got as far as mid 1916. My biggest issue at the moment is pursuit. Free hits galore for the victor. There are other things as well but they are more niggles at the moment.

I've pm'd my e-mail address. Did you not get it ? I've not had any contact on my e-mail.

wodin
Sergeant

Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:38 am

Campaign where you play Germany only with other nations run by the AI including your allies.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:39 am

Highlandcharge wrote:What Russian cities are mixed up?

Pretty much every single one. Some cities ended up being named "Harbor"!

I can make a list, but a comparison of a pre-1.01rc7 database to the 1.01rc7 one would be easier, just examine what changes were made (it was that finnish railroad link wasn't it), and check if they somehow moved all other data out of alignment.

Tac Error
Conscript

Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:03 am

Balkan Wars scenario(s). :)

Ace

Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:11 am

But pursuit hits are essential for the Eastern front where both Russia and Austria had lots of deserters. And on the Western front, retreats after assaults have been canceled included man trapped in no mans land.

Palpat
Colonel

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:34 am

- Better performances indeed, even if I tolerate the current slugginess as a price for such a complex game.

- A less deterministic game. It only has the appearance of openeness. I want the possibility of a-historical 1914 where Italy stays with the Central Powers, I want the possibility to have Ottoman Empire join the Entente... Well, I want World War One Gold diplomatic replayability.

- Clarification on things like mines, minesweepers...

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Ace wrote:But pursuit hits are essential for the Eastern front where both Russia and Austria had lots of deserters. And on the Western front, retreats after assaults have been canceled included man trapped in no mans land.

Pursuit hits seem a broad brush in a game with lots of fine detail. If we are going to model desertions then I would prefer something which took into account nationality, troop quality and national morale. I don't want to see thousands of desertions in the BEF and French army in August 1914. Pursuit calculates a lump sum of hits and shares them out among your retreating units. I am still playing about with the variables in trying to turn it off or at least reduce it's impact. If I work it out I'll post it up on the forum.

Caoster
Corporal

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:39 am

Make the moral instant win conditions symmetric. They are currently 150 for the CP and 200 for the Entente? Make them 200 for both.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:57 pm

HHFD50 wrote:Trench warfare (decision that starts off with both sides engaging in a light skirmish, then the AI decides if one side has gained an advantage allowing stacks to auto-activate and launch an attack with a slight bonus). Anything will do. The game seems to lack this element-arguably the "face" of the whole war.
Ranged artillery LAND bombardment (can be done via decisions the same as naval bombardment/ sieges)
Improved submarine use and warfare
Britain not entering the war right away if Germany decides to invade Switzerland instead of Belgium. Britain mainly entered only to protect Belgium. Why not represent this?
Improved AI

Absolutely agree with the post above. Trench warfare on the western front really needs to be more realistic. Most battles in the trenches should have the outcome "stalemate" from the winter of 1914 until 1917. Also more options for artillery bombardments need to be added.
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Cleverspeudonym
Civilian

Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:16 am

Some historical/diplomatic options pertaining to Albania, seeing as how they wound up getting occupied by countries on both sides of the war historically.

Return to “To End All Wars”