stormbringer3
Sergeant

3 Star General question.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:20 pm

When you have a 3 Star General leading a stack do you "fill" him with combat units like a 2 Star General or you leave him "empty" and just leave him to command?
Thanks for any opinions.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Empty unless he has great attack values and would create a stronger corps than its counterparts. When you have a choice between assigning a corps to two generals, always try it out with both.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:24 am

stormbringer3 wrote:When you have a 3 Star General leading a stack do you "fill" him with combat units like a 2 Star General or you leave him "empty" and just leave him to command?
Thanks for any opinions.

Very interesting question. I have used most of my 3 stars at the front. I do indeed fill them up. I had Foch with 48 CPs or so, and I filled him to the brim. And used him a lot. I had planned on using Pershing in similar fashion, then he disappeared. :(

I found I had enough units that most everyone 3 and 2 stars had their command point allotment filled out.
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:57 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:Very interesting question. I have used most of my 3 stars at the front. I do indeed fill them up. I had Foch with 48 CPs or so, and I filled him to the brim. And used him a lot. I had planned on using Pershing in similar fashion, then he disappeared. :(

I found I had enough units that most everyone 3 and 2 stars had their command point allotment filled out.

aye, allocate units. The CinC system in PoN is very different to that in other AGE games. The CinC is the senior **/*** star general in a given theatre, there is no direct set of organisational links
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “To End All Wars”