Doctoxic
Private

How to fix a Command problem (Hindenberg died?)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi all

Am playing the short scenario as CP and Hindenberg has dissapeared and i no longer have OHL.

I think whats left are just Korps but i can't make a GHQ - preumably as no 3 star generals.

But, i don't seem to be able to promote any 2 star generals up to 3 star either - so am stuck.

Any advice/help/clarification much appreciated.

Thanks

Ace

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

This is extremely rare for *** general to die. In Grand campaign you could appoint another one, but I guess here you'll have to do it without him.

Doctoxic
Private

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Ace wrote:This is extremely rare for *** general to die. In Grand campaign you could appoint another one, but I guess here you'll have to do it without him.

thanks - but hwo do you do that? If i click on the 2 star kor[s commander the the promote buttons are all greyed out.

Respenus

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:23 pm

You can either reload the turn and hope that this time around Hindenburg will not die or you could call up new general and maybe the dices will reward you with a three star general. Depending on the choice of your warplans, you should get one or two generals ready for promotion in the first couple of months of the war.

Doctoxic
Private

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks for the reply Respenus, a few more questions though :)

Respenus wrote:You can either reload the turn and hope that this time around Hindenburg will not die

noted, though i didn't save - not really a problem as the scenario is very short

Respenus wrote: ... or you could call up new general and maybe the dices will reward you with a three star general.

How do you call up a new general?

Respenus wrote:Depending on the choice of your warplans, you should get one or two generals ready for promotion in the first couple of months of the war.

I assume this is referring to the following bit from the manual...

[INDENT]
From the maual wrote:Officers who have shown favorable results in their current rank may become eligible for promotion to the next rank. This is shown by a flashing promotion icon on its counter (you also get a message in the Message Log).
[/INDENT]
Do you ever get any 3 start generals as reinforcements?

Also, if a 3 star general die shouldn't there "always" be a next man up that you can promote regardless of rank/experience?

Ace

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Most of your question come from the fact you are playing a scenario with only one available 3 star general. Try full campaign and you 'll see lot of other 3 star generals

Respenus

Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Doctoxic wrote:noted, though i didn't save - not really a problem as the scenario is very short

All games are automatically saved. So all you have to do is go back to the main menu, click LOAD, then select the save and then press the cog button in the upper right corner. This will open the save game manipulation options, allowing you to load the previous turn.

Doctoxic wrote:How do you call up a new general?

In the main campaign, you have a decision that you can play on the off-map area with the flags of different nations. One of them is "Call up new generals". You drag and drop it to the nation of your choice (inside your own faction of course) and the next turn you will get several of the generals you see in the stack above the nation's flag.

Doctoxic wrote:Do you ever get any 3 start generals as reinforcements?

Also, if a 3 star general die shouldn't there "always" be a next man up that you can promote regardless of rank/experience?

No, *** generals do not come as reinforcement. They can only be promoted (as mentioned in the manual) or they come from the generals in the off-map section that you recruit in the manner described in the previous paragraph. AGEod games are fond of simulating all aspects of warfare and losing an important general is as dangerous as losing an entire army. Now, some people will "cheat" and reload the previous turn (I freely admit to doing this), especially in the case of someone like Hindenburg dying.

HerrDan

Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:58 pm

If Hindenburg died in Battle I'd cry a lot...and would restart the game haha...
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Respenus

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:00 pm

HerrDan wrote:If Hindenburg died in Battle I'd cry a lot...and would restart the game haha...

Or Kluck for that matter ;)

HerrDan

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Respenus wrote:Or Kluck for that matter ;)

Yes! That happened with me once in Bruxelles! It totally ruined my Schlieffen Plan! ;)
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Pocus

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 am

We are checking the issue...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “To End All Wars”