Templer
General

Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:41 pm

From the Feature list:

• Sieges and[color="#FF8C00"] Naval warfare are all covered in detail [/color]in the game.

We will see...
Greetings
Templer

Shri

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Ironclad61 wrote:Interesting point... maybe something that need AGEOD in future games where a side has more than 1 nation is a way to move between diferent nations to control better resources, performance (i am curious about how is the report screen... i want know how many soldiers send my troops from X nation to the other side for example) and political decisions with diplomacy (in the end every nation has his own objetives and how affect neutrals is diferent).

Maybe a total split in nations inside a side could made player select one nation to leave AI control it.

The problem with NM is a strong nation could mantein in war weaker allies paying NM... think in CP wining by time for example.... one thing i dont know is if in political decisions you can send like in real life expeditionary forces to help an allied and this decisions pay a NM penalty.

Why should exp forces cost NM instead allies fighting for you will bolster morale of your own forces as historically happened in the SINAI and GALLIPOLI for the Turks and in SERBIA and RUMANIA for the Austrians and Bulgarians.

Similarly British army taking a greater portion of the trenches bolstered the beleaguered French no end

Ironclad61
Major

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:52 pm

I refer to the nation sending troops to fight in other fronts out of their interest... think that NM is out of "elite" as german or UK or french i dont see very well send troops to help others... for example France 1917 sending troops to help italians... one thing is die for France in France other out of France and for foreign interest.

For me NM is something random... even with a victory you can lose it :bonk:

Shri

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:37 am

Ironclad61 wrote:I refer to the nation sending troops to fight in other fronts out of their interest... think that NM is out of "elite" as german or UK or french i dont see very well send troops to help others... for example France 1917 sending troops to help italians... one thing is die for France in France other out of France and for foreign interest.

For me NM is something random... even with a victory you can lose it :bonk:

In SINAI and GALLIPOLI, German Generals, Officers, Machine Gunners, Pilots and Light Infantry and also Artillery fought.
Similarly in Servian and Rumanian Campaigns, German forces fought for their allies victory.

British fought for the Italians after 'Caporetto'.
Russian Legion fought for France from 1915 onwards
etc.

Shri

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:48 am

Can the DEVS bring out a detailed description/write-up or DEV DIARY for the game? requested as need to know changes made on game-play as compared to WW1 Gold.

Eg: Will High NM result in more morale and low NM in less morale?
Will Event cards still be there- Fokker, Bruchmuller, Revolts, Laurence etc?
How is U boat implemented differently? or same?
will german armies start with some adv. as compared to eastern entente overall and western entente in terms of artillery and heavy artillery?
Is 1915 German Divisional re-organisation implemented?

Ironclad61
Major

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 am

But people support this expeditionary forces??? NM is Nation and send troops fight for others ... apart moment is very important, if you suffer a lot of casualties, your NM is reducing turn by turn send troops to fight for others sure doesnt help, again one thing is send troops to help an allied and other people understand/like the decision, NM is out of control of government, one thing is take a decision and other how this affect to NM.

I only ask if a decision that send troops and resources to an allied has some NM penalty, specially in certain situations, or Rusia in 1917 sending troops to help in west front doesnt affect NM???.

lecrop
Captain

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Templer wrote:From the Feature list:

• Sieges and[color="#FF8C00"] Naval warfare are all covered in detail [/color]in the game.
We will see...

We HOPE :innocent:

Florent

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:55 pm

" - Ammunition in EAW represents Munitions for artillery, and is only used/consumed by medium, heavy, and fort artillery, and naval vessels. If a stack's Ammunition runs dry, it's artillery stops firing. Artillery is very important in EAW, as it softens up enemy cohesion considerably, and the heavier artillery units have good trench penetration values. But the shells run out quickly, and the player needs to build Munitions Factories (via RGD) to bolster shell production. Russians in particular (who are lacking in War Supply compared to the other sides), and tends to be their Achille's heel. "

Is the consupmtion of Artillery ammunition dependent of a chosen strategy ? and thus can be more or less controlled or not ?

Thus because of this can i accumulate ammunition for a Super offensive ?

Pocus

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:35 am

There are specific Ammunitions Trains that you can fill up and maintain in the rear and then commit them to your artilleries yes. Artilleries (medium or heavier) when with ammos are really really nasty, their stats are just impressive, range, rate of fire, damages, they outperform all others units at range.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Florent

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:49 pm

" Artilleries (medium or heavier) when with ammos are really really nasty, their stats are just impressive, range, rate of fire, damages, they outperform all others units at range. "

The historical Sieges reduced by Super Heavy Artillery should be nice to see when bringing forward those big guns.

jnpoint
Private

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:40 am

Altaris wrote:- Frontage has been heavily reworked in this game, which means there is a limitation to how many units can be involved in any given round of combat. This makes it tough to break through enemy positions if they are well entrenched, but at the same time keeps losses reasonable on both sides. In a test PBEM I have going on now in beta, the Western Front has just entered July 1915, and the Western Entente have been launching attacks against Germany almost every turn since October 1914. So far, they have only moved forward in two regions, but they've kept my Germans on their toes and held me back from unleashing the full German forces upon the Russians. It works well, between October 1914-July 1915, we've seen roughly 1 million losses on the British/French side, compared to about 750K on the German side. The Western Front is more or less static, but it's certainly not boring!

That's exactly what I fear in a WW1 war game. Things are just too static. Two regions in 8 months! So I hope there is something else to do than hit a key to see some more battles. In WW2 war games you have a lot more tactical decisions to do, I think. Or am I wrong? The only reason I have interest in this game is that it is a AGEOD game. They normally make games with a lot of complexity. So I'll wait and hope for the best.

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:08 pm

I believe you are suffering from the same cliché I had some months ago. WW1 is not the Western front only, in fact the Western front is a small part (albeit an important one to not fail :p ) of the whole war.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kensai

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Actually, I personally love and desire this kind of "static nightmare" in the West. The moment entrenchment gets too high (sometime in 1915) the war becomes a war of attrition and only the nation(s) with the most important overall decisions (diplomatic, technological, economical, etc) will be able to break the deadlock preparing for the 'later offensive' with the specialized troops (storm troopers, tanks, etc).

The mid game in the West is static, but one should also check out the global aspect which is important (allies, colonies, blockades, etc).
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Florent

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:33 pm

" - Trench warfare is handled via normal AGEOD entrenchment. Max entrenchment starts at level 1, and goes up roughly 1 level per month between September-December 1914 (there is a little variability on exactly when the entrenchment levels increase). Eastern Entente proceeds more slowly, at a rate roughly equal to half the Western Entente and Central Powers (so in December 1914, the Western Entente and Central Powers will likely be max level 4 entrenchment while Eastern Entente is max level 2). After 1914, the entrenchments go up a level each year that passes. "

Is Trench level by Faction/Nationality or by Sides, Western, Eastern or Central Entente ?

Holy Diver
Private

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:07 am

Product Requirements :
(...)
VIDEO: 1024Mb video card

Really?? :(

Pocus

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:10 am

It should work with 512 Mb but we can't officially support them, as a 512 Mb almost always mean a very old computer with out of date video driver.

Ace

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 am

I am testing it with 512 MB video card and it works smoothly (smoother than cw2 for reference), but as Pocus said, they can't officially support it

HerrDan

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:16 am

Ace wrote:I am testing it with 512 MB video card and it works smoothly (smoother than cw2 for reference), but as Pocus said, they can't officially support it

I'm testing with a 512 MB video card as well, indeed it's running much more smoothly than PoN for instance.
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Soulstrider
Major

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Out of curiosity (and to not make a new thread) why have you picked the Portuguese monarchical flag when it was already a republic (having the current flag) by then?

http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/533/20140605085552.jpg?height=1200&width=1600

Ace

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:51 am

These are early beta pictures. Portugal is waving their republic state flag now :)

Soulstrider
Major

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 am

Ace wrote:These are early beta pictures. Portugal is waving their republic state flag now :)

Ah neat, since I believe WW1 Gold did have the monarchical flag, I was wondering if they kept that for some reason, despite being inaccurate.

elxaime
General

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 pm

Ace wrote:These are early beta pictures. Portugal is waving their republic state flag now :)

Somewhere, a Portuguese monarchist is shedding a tear...

apg
Civilian

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:24 am

This game looks interesting. Do the AGEOD developers not make developer diaries? If a game is only a few weeks from release I need informations and a look at the game mechanics to decide if its a purchase!...

Linstock
Corporal

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 pm

PhilThib wrote:Hint: should be around the date of one of the war's great battles :)

Tannenberg!!

End of August....

Bodhis
Corporal

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:50 am

Are theres new Pics on the product page? Some of them don't look familiar to me. However, I think you made a realy good looking map. Hopefully we dont have to wait too long now :)

Searry
Colonel

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:36 pm

When can we pre-order?

Searry
Colonel

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:46 am

By the way, steam shows 30th August as the release date, but AGEOD.co.uk says 26th. Which one is true?

Tamas

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:34 am

Searry wrote:By the way, steam shows 30th August as the release date, but AGEOD.co.uk says 26th. Which one is true?

Both. :) The game will be available in the Slitherine/AGEOD stores on the 26th, and on Steam the 30th. And of course if you buy it from our store you can still request a Steam key for the game. :)

Searry
Colonel

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Tamas wrote:Both. :) The game will be available in the Slitherine/AGEOD stores on the 26th, and on Steam the 30th. And of course if you buy it from our store you can still request a Steam key for the game. :)

Thanks for the clarification.

veut
Conscript

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:06 am

So, buying on the AGEOD site is the better way... I will have the chance to play the game earlier (and even with a STEAM key) and you will have my money earlier (and maybe a bit more because you don't have to share with STEAM). A win win situation :w00t:

Return to “To End All Wars”