Jinx
Captain

Players Needed for: To End All Wars - Multiplayer Game & AAR

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Greetings Ageoders,

Since the 100 year mark of the end of The Great War on November 11, I've dusted off this excellent game and been happily playing. It brings back memories of previous PBEM's I have been part of, and some of the AAR's I have written or read, being present when a story unfolds and caught in the clash of minds.

I've spent this week re-reading many of the AAR's on Ageod & Paradox Forums and really enjoyed the experience. I think it would be fun to have another go. But TEAW is a massive game, so ideally I would like to split up the sides into each major nation played by a player. But if there is not enough interest in the forums then perhaps a standard 3 person game is the solution.

Goal:
    Primary Goal; To have players who are interested in participating in a good and engaging AAR in good times and in bad. This for me, trumps skill at playing the game, I don't care if it means i'm on the losing side as long as we lose with style.
    To have somewhat competent players who understand the mechanics of the Ageod Engine. This means that they should have a game under their belts, and a game that has at least reached 1916.
    To do two to four turns a week. Depending on the amount of players.
    Who wont cheat by viewing the savegames of others, or running the turn privately to see the outcome of battles.
    But also to have fun, enjoy oneself, and be prepared to commit to a long game.

Playable Nations:

Central Powers

Germany Empire - Ken Shabby
    Austria-Hungary - Jinx1527
    Ottoman Empire -

Western Entente

France - Possibly ShadowofGod
    British Empire - Mingeling
    Italy - Comtedemeighan

Eastern Entente

Russia - Mder1
I want to see what the roster looks like for players, and what level of experience people have before I choose a nation I will play.

I'm posting this on Paradox Forums as well, and will later merge the groups together

Cheers all!
I hope we can get an interesting game going.
Last edited by Jinx on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Mon centre céde, ma droite recule, situation excellente, j’attaque."
~ Ferdinand Foch, in the defensive actions to prevent a German breakthrough in 1914.

ShadowofGod
Sergeant

Re: Players Needed for: To End All Wars - Multiplayer Game & AAR

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:08 am

Oh, put me down for France. Or Austria-Hungary.

Jinx
Captain

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Great!
Putting you down as France or A-H. ;)

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:27 pm

I wouldn't mind playing as the Italians. I am not familiar with the mod though is it stable?

Jinx
Captain

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:23 am

Comtedemeighan wrote:I wouldn't mind playing as the Italians. I am not familiar with the mod though is it stable?

I did my best to figure out how to install the mod, but either the download is flawed and missing a file, or I missed something.

I'll put you down for the Italians then. Feel free to change while we still have time. Italians could be played by France.

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Jinx wrote:
Comtedemeighan wrote:I wouldn't mind playing as the Italians. I am not familiar with the mod though is it stable?

I did my best to figure out how to install the mod, but either the download is flawed and missing a file, or I missed something.

I'll put you down for the Italians then. Feel free to change while we still have time. Italians could be played by France.

Hmmm let me know if the mod works.

Jinx
Captain

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Not playing with the mod. Apparently it's not stable.

We just lack confirmation for the French Player - Shadowofgod, and an Ottoman Player

Jinx
Captain

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Shadowofgod we are going to go ahead without you. I haven't heard anything from you in a good while and we need to begin.

Jinx
Captain

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:06 pm

This game is going reasonably well. Most participants didn't join in an AAR, but it still ended up being a pretty fun and fascinating game.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/teaw-the-war-of-nations-central-powers-aar.1136669/page-17#post-25087965

Return to “To End All Wars”