Leibst

España 1936 Public Beta Patch 1.01b (16th October 2013)

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:45 am

Dear players,

Here is the second release candidate of the first official patch to España:1936

install directly over a clean instalation of the game. You will need to restart old games. No other previous patch needed, just this version 1.0b.

Patch 1.0b – October 16th, 2013

Issues Fixed:

• Issues regarding mouse always clicking (replacements, options autoselected).
• Issue about strategic map.
• Issue about AJE texts when selecting difficulty level.
• Issue about error in Nationalist AI strategy.
• Issue about RGD Recruitment missing text in the log.
• Fixed bug about buying replacements.
• Fixed error during execution of NAC_AI_Strategy.sct
• Romans text while changing difficulty
• Nationalists now can build armies from December
• RGD missing text
• Crash due to rail sabotage RGD fixed.
• Background text now polished (F8).
• Text color in replacements screen
• Duplicate in CTV Leaders in FotN scenario fixed
• Duplicated Mallorca event fixed
• Add Function’s buttons under weather panel
• Improved AI for both sides
• Error regarding Madrid Defenses
• Naval Infantry event text replaced.
• Renewed construction Ratio Pool. (Now AI will buy more wisely)
• Bug regarding Italian destroyers don’t appearing fixed
• Now Replay is ready.
• Mouse pointers added.
• Fixed some English texts in Spanish version.

Note: This patch put English as language so after installation configure in Spanish or French if you prefer (in :\Games\Espana 1936\SCW\Settings General.opt file).

[ATTACH]25347[/ATTACH]

enjoy! :thumbsup:
Attachments
Espana1936_Patch_v1.0b.rar
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 893 times
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:22 am

Great job!!

:w00t:

----------------------------------------------------------------
[SIZE="1"]There’s a valley in Spain called Jarama,
That's a place that we all know so well,
for 'tis there that we wasted our manhood,
And most of our old age as well.
[/size]

PJJ
Captain

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Thanks!

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Fixes many bugs from the first release but now redeployment is broken :bonk:

Leibst

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:53 pm

the Exe file of the 1.0a works fine with the redeployment but this works fine with the Armies event. Hope next patch solves both things.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

caranorn

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:53 am

Leibstandarte wrote:the Exe file of the 1.0a works fine with the redeployment but this works fine with the Armies event. Hope next patch solves both things.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's not a major issue, though for the republicans it can mean a slower start (ge nerals taking 2-3 weeks to reach their units as they have to cross non controlled rail regions)...
Marc aka Caran...

caranorn

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Note, the ai doesn't seem to be able to use the air RGD's correctly. In my current game as the republic I've seen nationalist planes bomb regions where I at no point in the turn had troops. The only ai air missions I've seen so far that made sense were night attacks. I wonder, could enemy unit present be made an additional prerequisite for the choice of regions that can be targetted? That is bombing (not night or strategic) missions only into regions with enemy units...

So far the ai is wasting resources and the human player might as well save the money and EP cost of his air defense missions for other purpouses...
Marc aka Caran...

Leibst

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:20 pm

I think yes caranorn. I will try to do that fo next patch. ;)
HQ website

bob.
General

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:28 pm

It seems to be that air defense missions only serve a purpose right before an attack since they only reduce cohesion right? So, unless the AI only bombs a province it will attack right that turn it doesn't matter anyway does it?

caranorn

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:38 pm

bob. wrote:It seems to be that air defense missions only serve a purpose right before an attack since they only reduce cohesion right? So, unless the AI only bombs a province it will attack right that turn it doesn't matter anyway does it?

Other uses would be to slow down an enemy force (low cohesion units will move slower), also defensivly if you think an enemy force might attack you this turn. It could also be useful to delay cohesion recovery in a force you recently fought (there is a limit to how much cohesion an element can recover even under ideal conditions)...

I've never dug into how the ai works, so I can't make any sugestions concerning that area. Limiting bombing to regions with enemy units on the other hand is logical (a human player would never bomb an empty region, except by mistake) and would at least slightly improve ai behaviour...

P.S.: I now saw one succesfull ai bombardment mission, but it targetted a single brigade of mine when much jucier targets would have been available...
Marc aka Caran...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:57 pm

caranorn wrote:Limiting bombing to regions with enemy units on the other hand is logical (a human player would never bomb an empty region, except by mistake) and would at least slightly improve ai behaviour..

Bombing an empty area is to deter a movement here, that's suppressing fire: If ennemy chose to go here (or is hidden here), he may be hit.
That's an usual tactic, but IA may not be teached with.

bob.
General

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:44 pm

ERISS wrote:Bombing an empty area is to deter a movement here, that's suppressing fire: If ennemy chose to go here (or is hidden here), he may be hit.
That's an usual tactic, but IA may not be teached with.

Oh, so that works? I was under the impression that bombing is only applied right at the start of turn resolution ie before the first day.

I can't play the game right now, but I recall playing both sides specifically to try out bombings and when I bombed a large Republican army all units were simply full cohesion again at the start of the new turn. Maybe it is dependant on the size of the army? (Or maybe I just recall it wrongly)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:13 am

bob. wrote:Oh, so that works?

I don't know. In this one week scale, artillery should be better for this; and it's dangerous for bombers if the area is badly scouted with hidden AA guns (88!).

caranorn

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:29 pm

bob. wrote:Oh, so that works? I was under the impression that bombing is only applied right at the start of turn resolution ie before the first day.

I can't play the game right now, but I recall playing both sides specifically to try out bombings and when I bombed a large Republican army all units were simply full cohesion again at the start of the new turn. Maybe it is dependant on the size of the army? (Or maybe I just recall it wrongly)

I think so to. It seems to me it's a one time reduction of cohesion for 1 or 5 units (or is it elements?) depending on type of bomber...

Did the army in your test stay in position? What stance was it in? Essentially bombing a non moving stack in defensive or neutral stance with no subsequent land combat would probably be of little use. On the other hand if the army in question is moving it will be moving slower than planned and recover less of the lost cohesion. An army in offensive stance(s) on the ove would probably have the greatest loss.

I'm a bit tempted to do some testing of cohesion recovery under different situations. But I really haven't done that kind of thing for a game for almost ten years, and I know once I start crunching numbers I will stop playing...
Marc aka Caran...

caranorn

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Are factories supposed to be siegable structures? In my last game (as nationalists) I had to besiege the Trubia Factory (Mieres region), an attempted assault showed a relatively large republican force inside. On the map there is no sign of a besieged force (no way to tell what's inside the structure, could be a single regiment, but also several corps), only the siege (breach) icon. I'm sure I noticed that in a previous game too, but at the time I didn't try an assault.

By the way, how many factories are in the game? I am certain of three in the north (Mieres, Reinosa, Durango) but think I've seen one in the south too, though I can't find any WS production outside cities there in my last game...

Maybe factory graphics could be made a bit more prominent...
Marc aka Caran...

Leibst

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:25 pm

There is another near Valencia. But appears later.
HQ website

Palpat
Colonel

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:54 am

A.I definitely needs improving: playing as the Republic, I took a very lightly defended Burgos by November 1936.

caranorn

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:29 pm

How about the factory being siegable (an ai force can enter it, but have found no way to make a player force enter it, or to select the ai unit when switching sides unless I search in the F1 screen)? This looks like a bug to me...

P.S.: Siege in Mieres...
Attachments
factory siege.zip
(251.58 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Marc aka Caran...

Leibst

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:15 pm

I will check that Caranorn. It is a structure, so you should can enter it.
HQ website

Return to “Help improve España”