Leibst

España 1936 Public Beta Patch 1.01 (release candidate 1)

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Dear players,

Here is the release candidate of the first official patch to España:1936

install directly over your version of the game. There are no problems with previous games, so you do not need to restart.

---------------
Issues fixed:

Issues regarding mouse always clicking (replacements, options autoselected).
Issue about strategic map.
Issue about AJE text when selecting difficulty level.
Issue about error in Nationalist AI strategy.
Issue about RGD Recruitment missing text in the log
---------------

Happy gaming!

[ATTACH]25059[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Patch_España1936_v1.0a.zip
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 786 times
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Zjevakin
Conscript

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:37 pm

This is great! Thanks, Leibstandarte. This saves the weekend! :coeurs:

Highlandcharge

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Indeed it does, thank you :)

schmolywar
Private

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Let me know if when you resolve this turn you get an error message then crash.

Yes, I installed the patch.
Attachments
crash.rar
(159.88 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

Leibst

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:00 pm

schmolywar wrote:Let me know if when you resolve this turn you get an error message then crash.

Yes, I installed the patch.

Indeed, crash. This task is for Pocus
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

schmolywar
Private

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:42 pm

I often wonder why I have certain crashes in more obscure games. Could it be that games are language sensitive when it comes to the operating system it runs on? I run a norwegian version of W7.

caranorn

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Another repeatable CTD on executing turn...

Edit: Interesting game by the way :-) ...
Attachments
CTD_Espana.rar
(339.5 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Marc aka Caran...

Leibst

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:31 pm

caranorn wrote:Another repeatable CTD on executing turn...

Edit: Interesting game by the way :-) ...

Thanks Caranorn ! :D your issue is solved with the file here about Regional Decisions
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32574-Bug-Reporting-in-english&p=292736#post292736
HQ website

caranorn

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Thanks Caranorn ! :D your issue is solved with the file here about Regional Decisions
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32574-Bug-Reporting-in-english&p=292736#post292736

Marc aka Caran...

caranorn

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:17 pm

What were the historic sizes of divisions in this conflict?

So far I've only played the republic, but divisions can become pretty huge with 9 units and 24 elements (both including the general).

If one were to take a theoretical square division of WWI one would arrive at this size. But I believe most countries had abolished that organisation by the 1930's (the US had square divisions into WWII but a reduced variant (regiments of 3 battalions instead of 4), Japan had some square divisions throughout WWII (paralel to triangular and iirc binarydivisions). So in the 1930's triangular or binary divisions were much more common, which would ammount to 15 to 12 battalions (including supporting troops) per division. But again, I don't know anything about Spanish divisions, not having participated in WWI might have led to no conversion to the more modern types (triangular divisions require fewer manpower at little loss of firepower and increased mobility, binary divisions were best used on the defensive due to their lack of flexibility)...

P.S.: For those wondering what I'm talking about. A square division is one formed around 2 brigades of 2 regiments each (so 2 squared, or simply 4 regiments forming a square), a triangular division by 3 regiments (sometimes two brigade HQ's as intermediary echelon to add some command flexibility, but usually those dissapeared later to save on officers needed to form a division) (so 3 regiments forming a triangle) and binary divisions around 2 regiments (2 regiments forming a line). Almost all beligerents used square divisions at the start of WWI, most started to convert to triangular once trench warfare started, some going as far as forming binary divisions for defensive roles. Supporting arms originally stayed the same in conversion from square to triangular, though later those tended to also be reduced, binary divisions almost always had fewer support units as they had another role than their larger counterparts.

P.P.S.: The issue for España is whether historic divisions were in the 24 battalion range or smaller, which I myself don't know.
Marc aka Caran...

Leibst

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:14 pm

It is difficult to design exactly as it was, becuase the way of define size of divisions is the same for both sides. And the structure was really different between them. Nationalists dont have brigades in the game, because in terms of design i cant make so much different kinds of brigades. As nationalists haven't brigades they need several units to form the division. As the game allow that then the republicans can merge several brigades into a division and this make a powerful division.
HQ website

caranorn

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:It is difficult to design exactly as it was, becuase the way of define size of divisions is the same for both sides. And the structure was really different between them. Nationalists dont have brigades in the game, because in terms of design i cant make so much different kinds of brigades. As nationalists haven't brigades they need several units to form the division. As the game allow that then the republicans can merge several brigades into a division and this make a powerful division.

Okay, so an issue for Pocus ;-) . Iirc I was wondering about this some time before, whether we could have faction specific settings for division size. Would definitelly make sense here, as well as in a few other games (pretty sure I raised this issue concerning CW2, considering how CS divisions were quite a bit larger than US divisions)...

This is probably going to have an effect on game balance in España, I was already wondering why my divisions were so much more powerful than Nationalist ones in battle reports. Though the major killer in this game seems to be artillery (which might make sense, infantry gives depth, artillery firepower)...
Marc aka Caran...

caranorn

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Note, combined with the command point bonus of the transmissions element of republican brigades this might indeed be unbalancing. But I haven't played this game enough to be certain...

P.S.: Culd you replace the transmission element with something minor, like for instance a machine gun element with no trait just some firepower and low weight (transport weight is the negaitve factor of transmission unit in mixed brigades as it akmost doubles cost to transprt by rail or sea)...
Marc aka Caran...

Return to “Help improve España”