Stauffenberg
General

1.02 Missing General Portraits Still Not fixed? + Missing critical RR

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:28 pm

I just started a campaign game and immediately notice this ongoing problem. Colonel Alavarez-Rementeria (NAC) in Sevilla has no face portrait, just a blank.

I've read the threads on this and this issue goes back to 2016 at least: why is it not fixed?

Another issue I brought up last year was this egregious omission of the Madrid-Badajoz railway which passed through the important large supply depot town (level 4 city) of Talavera del Tajo (Talavera). The RR should basically run SW from Madrid curving due west to Talavera de la Reina (just a reference town on the map right now) and on to Caceres. This important RR is missing from the SCW map thus making it difficult (but not impossible) to replicate the early Nationalist assault on Toledo from the west.

I am not able to post a 1936 map of this here, but it can be found here:

https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/lib ... more/maps/

It is the 13th map down with the heading: "'Heart of Spain' 1936." It accompanies an article on 'Gen. Franco's plans for Spain', written at the time of a Nationalist offensive towards Madrid. From the archives of Henry Sara, document reference: 15/3/8/152.

It's a shame to see such a gem of a game with fine historical research marred by flaws like this. Let's get them corrected!

Thanks

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: 1.02 Missing General Portraits Still Not fixed? + Missing critical RR

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Don't know. The dev wanted to make another patch some years ago.
The here ageod forum you write should however be the best to ask, as it is aimed by the official game webpage.
http://headquarter.es/wp/?page_id=14#

Stauffenberg
General

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:50 pm

ERISS wrote:Don't know. The dev wanted to make another patch some years ago.
The here ageod forum you write should however be the best to ask, as it is aimed by the official game webpage.
http://headquarter.es/wp/?page_id=14#

Merci bien.

Leibst

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Stauffenberg,

I can see correctly in 1.02 the portrait of A.Rementeria, its weird.
I dont recall why I took the decision regarding the railway as you can imagine there were lots of discussions here about many topics in their time.

Stauffenberg
General

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi Leibst thanks for replying.

I think you'll agree that a few corrections on critical RRs will really improve things by way of historical accuracy. Here's what I see:

1) The RR spur heading SW from Madrid should carry on to Talavera, which should be a level 4-5 city, and then on to Caceras following the on-map road. This is in fact the Madrid-Badajoz RR and on to Portugal, and this is what Franco's forces advanced on for their early assault on Toledo.

2) For the Republicans an absolutely critical RR link from Valencia to Cuenca with a RR added in the region of Ademuz. The RR already extends part way west from Valencia and this will greatly assist the Rep in keeping Madrid from getting so easily cut off. Some maps I've seen show it, others don't, I say put it in as the Republicans need all the help they can get in hanging on to Madrid.

3) RR from Teruel to Sagunto south of Castellon. This is what the NAC drove along to reach the sea in their Levante Offensive in March 1938.

4) In the NW the RR at Ponferrada should link directly into Leon.

There may be others but these are the most important that I can see.

Currently playing SCW pbem and it's just a great game with excellent detail. It would be good to effect these changes thanks again.

Return to “España Technical Support”