PasserBy
Civilian

What if PoN is run by a server?

Sun May 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Hola.

Obviously I am a fan of PoN too. And for me myself, unfortunately, is the turn speed an issue either. I've tried to let run in the background, but often I forget the game or switch back to the game too often. Well ... it doesn't work for me.
Therefore my question: What if your game is run by a server?
If it cost money, how about offering crowdfunding? I would happily pay 40 - 50 EUR at first and 70 EUR per year.

Saluds,
Paul

Durk

Re: What if PoN is run by a server?

Mon May 15, 2017 5:14 am

Hi PasserBy and welcome to the forum.
I do not have turn resolution delays. It takes less than two minute for me.
I wonder if you might try this, run as a nation other than the one you are playing.

PasserBy
Civilian

Thu May 18, 2017 4:00 pm

I get more than 2 minutes. Even up to 4 minutes turn durations as Japan in the beginning.
But that was not my point. I was just wondering what issues could be if PoN is run by a server. The only cost factor would be the high upload stream, I think ...
I log in the internet and can click on turn and thanks to an high end server, the duration takes only 10 seconds. That was my imagination.

Greetings,
Paul

csiemers
Sergeant

Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 am

PasserBy wrote:I was just wondering what issues could be if PoN is run by a server.

The biggest problem is Ageod doesn't take advantage of multi-core processors. If they did the game turns could conceivably be much faster in processing.
So until they do that a server isn't going to help.

PasserBy
Civilian

Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks.
I think I understand; because a single processor has - from the view of the industry - already reached its maximum. (?)
Sad. Yet I keep my fingers crossed that one day I may come to the full enjoyment of the game.

Return to “Help improve PON”