Pocus

PON official quickfix 1.04.3

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Dear gents,

Will be posted here the latest build of PON, past official 1.04. This will be a rather heavy archive, because baring a few configurations files that are generated automatically, plus your private and personal settings file, you get almost a full setup. The missing files are there to ensure you have a legit copy of PON.

This is done this way so were are sure there is no issue coming from a missing or misplaced file, as official 1.04 is suspected to leave some files behind.

link (copy & paste in your browser)
ftp.ageod.com/pub/PON/PONQF1043.exe

October 26th QF (1.04.3)
1880 campaign had spheres of influence restored
fixed several missing strings
you need Imperialism 4 to DOW
That, for a given resource, all countries selling it, are selected at once in the trade interface is deemed normal. The original design was never to buy to a specific country.

September 30th QF (1.04.2)
1850 GC gets many extra fixes, courtesy of Siegfroh
Added back many missing files (thanks Prussia). Not all as some are not needed. Please report if you believe a file is missing AND necessary.
A ruler can now only declare war if he has an Imperialism of 7. This will severally limit the AI widespread wars. If that's too limiting for players, we can find a better solution for next week.
Improvement in how the diplomacy entries are displayed in the diplo panel.

September 23rd QF (1.04.1)
a) static/garrisons units get back replacements as normal
b) flags fixed on the diplomacy screen
c) you can't interact with nations tagged as 'non formed nations', i.e w/o territories
d) AI should not DOW such nations either (please report with backup folder if you see a DOW)

Installation process:

a) go to the directory where PON is installed.
b) set aside your configuration file located in <installation path>\PON\settings and named general.opt
c) launch the installation program linked in post #2
d) If you are unsure, you can specify a brand new directory and keep the previous PON when running the installation program. If you know what you are doing, target the previous PON and the files will be updated
e) place back the general.opt file in the correct directory [ <installation path>\PON\settings ]

If you have DLCs, you can either retrieve the scn files from the previous scen folder or install them to the new game, provided they are official DLC files (i.e only DLC content, and not a combo DLC+patch)

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Here is the link:

https://we.tl/1PR7lu0LAm

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Please specify here links to threads where there are pending issues. We will try to check the older threads, but a refresher here is the best way to prioritize the problem. Sadly our resources for PON are quite limited.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Downloading now: Thank you.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:18 am

Alas, the French Foreign Legion and the other missing units are still missing, and cannot be recruited.

I have installed the new quickfix patch, version 2, correctly, and this is shown when I load the game.

But still, no French Foreign Legion, no light infantry corps, etc.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:41 am

But it appears some progress has been made. I checked the forces you can recruit for Britain, Sardinia, Russia, Prussia, Austria, and France. Only France appears to be missing units, such as the French Foreign Legion and the Light Infantry corps. All the others appear to have all their units, including ghurkas, highlanders, RCMP, and Indian Army units for Britain, and Light infantry Corps for all of the above but France.

So it appears that only a few French units are missing. But how can you play PON as France without the Legion?

DavoM
Private

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:49 am

I appear to be able to recruit at least two Foreign Legion brigades at the beginning of the 1850 GC, and have no issues with recruiting the light infantry corps for the French. This is admittedly using the extended pool settings, but I have had no problem recruiting those units that others seem to have.

However, they do look to be missing with the 1880 GC......

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:15 pm

DavoM wrote:I appear to be able to recruit at least two Foreign Legion brigades at the beginning of the 1850 GC, and have no issues with recruiting the light infantry corps for the French. This is admittedly using the extended pool settings, but I have had no problem recruiting those units that others seem to have.

However, they do look to be missing with the 1880 GC......

I have never used the extended pool settings before, as I prefer a more historical game. However, when I set them to 200 percent, and started a new 1850 campaign, I was able to recruit two brigades of the legion, and the light infantry corps appeared for recruitment.

But, when I went back to historical settings, the Legion and the Light infantry corps disappeared in the next 1850 test game I started. They were not available for recruitment.

So it appears the files are there, somewhere, and the last problem of missing units in the 1850 campaign can be solved by making the Legion and the light infantry corps available for France using the historical pool of units. The other nations appear to have all their units, when using the historical pool.

Thank you DavoM, for sharing this knowledge.

Regards,

Vaalen

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:04 pm

very quick test using Japan. Ran it to the end of 1850, no one declared war so that has calmed down. May be that the imperialism>7 is a bit restrictive but it seems to have solved the immediate problem.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Keeler
Captain

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 pm

I have yet to try the patch, but I am wondering what will happen when the AI does have 7 Imperialism... won't it just start spamming DOWs?
"Thank God. I thought it was a New York Regiment."- Unknown Confederate major, upon learning he had surrendered to the 6th Wisconsin.

Siegfroh
Major

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Great patch !

I like the new icons in the diplomacy screen ;-)

The South Pacific Maritime Trade box works now as intended. Prussia can't recruit any longer the minor German states' infantry corps and artillery brigades.

Things still to arrange:

I can confirm that the ability of France to recruit Light infantry corps and Foreign Legion depends on the units pool settings.

The grouping of trade goods offered in the trade boxes - see messages #13 ff. at this link:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?50366-PON-official-quickfixes-(post-1-04)

Two missing strings are still missing - see messages #9 and # 10 here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?50161-PON-official-1-04-patch-corrections-for-the-1850-GC-scn

WallysWorld
Captain

Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:09 am

vaalen wrote:I have never used the extended pool settings before, as I prefer a more historical game. However, when I set them to 200 percent, and started a new 1850 campaign, I was able to recruit two brigades of the legion, and the light infantry corps appeared for recruitment.

But, when I went back to historical settings, the Legion and the Light infantry corps disappeared in the next 1850 test game I started. They were not available for recruitment.

Yes, that's what I am finding too. Exactly as you wrote.

Siegfroh
Major

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:11 am

The explanation for the missing option to buy Light infantry corps and more units of the Legion is probably that with historical unit pool settings, at the start of the game you have already reached the maximum of units of this type which is allowed. As you can't buy them, they don't appear in the list of units available for purchase.

I started a game with extended units pool settings (both units appeared), changed the options to historical settings, and here what you see: In 1850, "historically", France is allowed only one brigade of the Légion étrangère:

[ATTACH]40448[/ATTACH]

Same for light infantry corps: 5 are allowed, 5 are on the map, none available.
Attachments
Zwischenablage01.jpg

Pocus

Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Siegfroh got the correct explanation. With historical settings, maximum deployment is already reached for these units.

Imperialism 7 was a stop gap measure. Lets try to find a better solution that can be coded relatively rapidly.

Also... There won't be probably a QF for PON this Friday, EAW will get one though.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Regarding the Legion E'trange. There are two regiments of the Legion in Algeria in the (I think) 4th Algerian Bde. Given the size and role of the Legion at that time this seems about right and a third regiment was not raised until 1852. There was actually a move to disband the force in 1850 after a poor performance at the Battle of Zaatcha in 1848. Looks like stock PON got it right.

-C

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Pocus wrote:Siegfroh got the correct explanation. With historical settings, maximum deployment is already reached for these units.

Imperialism 7 was a stop gap measure. Lets try to find a better solution that can be coded relatively rapidly.

Also... There won't be probably a QF for PON this Friday, EAW will get one though.

Thank you for continuing to support these games. It is appreciated more than I can say.

bbmike
Sergeant

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:12 pm

vaalen wrote:Thank you for continuing to support these games. It is appreciated more than I can say.

+1! I've bought new games from Steam in the past year that are already abandoned. Thank you, AGEOD! :coeurs:

Matto
Colonel

Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:40 pm

Have been playing it more then 4 years ... thanks for support !!!
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: PON official quickfix 1.04.2

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:43 pm

There is a serious problem with the game, even with the latest quickfix.

In the 1880 scenario, as France, every colonial area shows France having a minus 10 sphere of influence. I discovered this by mousing over various areas that France should have a positive sphere of influence in, areas that were colonized historically.

This includes all colonial areas, even those where France had historical colonies.

The F8 screen also shows France as having a negative sphere of influence in every colonial location, and not a single positive sphere of influence.

This problem is with the 1880 scenario only, the 1850 scenario appears to show France having the correct sphere of influence in the various colonial areas.

I also checked Britain in the 1880 scenario. Britain also has a sphere of influence of minus 10 in all colonial locations, including all of British India.

No idea what caused this, but it needs fixing.

GabrielK
Conscript

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Sorry, I couldn't find the quick fix file to download (1.04.2). Where can I get it?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:48 pm

A link to the quickfix is posted in the section of this PON forum entitled " Help Improve PON".

It is the top post.

GabrielK
Conscript

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:59 pm

The link I found isn't working (that is why I posted in this thread). Maybe I miss it, could you be more specific and point me the link?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:44 pm

GabrielK wrote:The link I found isn't working (that is why I posted in this thread). Maybe I miss it, could you be more specific and point me the link?

Here is a link to the post that contained the link I used. It worked for me on October 1.

viewtopic.php?f=345&t=50532

The actual link to the patch follows the instructions and change log, and is at the very bottom of the post.

Hope this helps.

GabrielK
Conscript

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Txs, but the link to download the file isn't working for me. It says the file is no longer available.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:59 pm

GabrielK wrote:Txs, but the link to download the file isn't working for me. It says the file is no longer available.

Sorry to hear that. I hope someone from Ageod can do something to fix this.

GabrielK
Conscript

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Yes, would someone from Ageod be so kind as to provide a valid link to the file? Please?

Pocus

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:10 pm

We are trying to fix the SOI bug today and yes, new upload then.

edit: harder than it seems. The initial data did not change.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:16 pm

Pocus wrote:We are trying to fix the SOI bug today and yes, new upload then.

edit: harder than it seems. The initial data did not change.

Thanks, Pocus. Good luck in exterminating that bug.

Regards,

Vaalen

Pocus

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:00 am

We looked Philippe and I and it makes no sense that it was working pre 1.04.2 and it is not now, with the same scenario which seems missing important data.

If one of you want to check if it worked or not before the 1.04 at least we can clarify the situation a bit.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Pocus wrote:We looked Philippe and I and it makes no sense that it was working pre 1.04.2 and it is not now, with the same scenario which seems missing important data.

If one of you want to check if it worked or not before the 1.04 at least we can clarify the situation a bit.

Pocus, it is my recollection that it did work properly prior to the 1.04 patch. I know that I was a few years into an 1880 campaign game before 1.04, and I did not notice anything wrong with the SOI. And I normally check colonial status when I begin a game.

Hope this helps.

Vaalen

Return to “Help improve PON”