HerrDak
Private

Mexican Army Dont Move

Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 am

Greetings:

I was trying to play with Mexico and discover that the armies dont move. When Im trying to move them it appears a message that says: "Cannot reach the destination from here."

I already searched in the forum and I found that this was an old bug that was fixed but with the new updates it returned.

Changing the MEX Faction File "IsMajor = 0" to "IsMajor = 1" doesnt work for me.

I will appreciate any help.

Thank You.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 02, 2016 8:41 am

well its not really designed as a playable nation. I think you'd need to do some fairly serious modding, to unlock each stack individually and so on.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

HerrDak
Private

Tue May 03, 2016 4:04 am

loki100 wrote:well its not really designed as a playable nation. I think you'd need to do some fairly serious modding, to unlock each stack individually and so on.

I know is not a "designed playable nation" but that just means that the nation dont have the same events and possibility to win the game like the Major Powers, but, besides that, they can be playable.

As far as I know this is a bug.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 03, 2016 8:02 am

HerrDak wrote:I know is not a "designed playable nation" but that just means that the nation dont have the same events and possibility to win the game like the Major Powers, but, besides that, they can be playable.

As far as I know this is a bug.

its not a bug its the scenario set up. There used to be a bug which meant that even if you corrected the set up it reverted but that has been removed.

what you need to do is either (a) go over the Mexico set up files and change all the locked stacks to mobile ... then start a new game or (b) write a script that will unlock all the stacks in an existing game. Your choice really, but there is no other way. AI minors have their armies mostly locked for ease of game processing etc.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Lemoni
Sergeant

Tue May 03, 2016 11:54 am

Before trying the scripts Loki suggested you may have a look at PON-PAN mod in the mods page of threads. I play as Holland , I am now in 1872 with no problems. The PON-PAN mod is very very user friendly and it will not harm your game files

HerrDak
Private

Tue May 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Thank you loki100 I really appreciate your help.

Lemoni wrote:Before trying the scripts Loki suggested you may have a look at PON-PAN mod in the mods page of threads. I play as Holland , I am now in 1872 with no problems. The PON-PAN mod is very very user friendly and it will not harm your game files

Thank you very much Lemoni, I already try it and it works perfectly. :thumbsup:

Lemoni
Sergeant

Wed May 04, 2016 1:18 pm

HerrDak wrote:Thank you loki100 I really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much Lemoni, I already try it and it works perfectly. :thumbsup:

You are welcome, with this trick you can even play as Argentina, Denmark etc but my opinion is that the game is boring playing as a minor minor minor nation

Return to “Help improve PON”