empusas
Corporal

New bug when combining captured forces in August patch

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:29 am

I captured 2 Army HQ's allong with 1 cannon and 2 cannons respectively from Spain as USA.

I brought them back to Manhattan and added the missing units from my troops to complete the armys.

Now, when I mouse of the army it, as usual, says it requires 12 command points. The problem is when I assign them to a general the required command is DOUBLED (for 2 armies) and it takes 24 command points.

I've isolated both new armies with just the army and a general to confirm I wasn't loosing my mind. Everything else looks accurate, and I've checked the unit compliment to ensure I wasnt somehow ending up with 2 HQ's, but everything looked normal.

(Tried to upload the saved game but for some reason the uploader isn't working... the last time I uploaded a saved game ((from my list of uploaded saves)) was April of 2010 AACW).

Thanks, Empusas.

uglyr
Private

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:21 pm

It's not a new bug. It always worked like that. You capture artillery from USA infantry unit so it's considered as infantry unit with 12 CP. If you'd had USA infantry in reserves the unit rebild. But you don't have (and can't have) USA infantry in reserves so your only option is to place it in some fort to defend against rebels or surprise attacks.

I suggested long ago to capture arty not as unit but increase you arty reserves, but I guess it's too late to fix.

empusas
Corporal

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 pm

Well, at least I know its not a new bug and what to expect. I suppose I'll split my troops out and decide what to do with the 2 Hq'S, one with one cannon and one with another. I will probebly either disband them or do like you said and send them to a remote outpost at the North Pole lol. I just hope they don't eat much :)

Thanks for the info, Uglyr!
Emp

Return to “Help improve PON”