loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

if you can ...

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:30 am

Aug 7 patch includes hopeful fixes to the unification chains and the American Civil War. If anyone has a useable save would be interested to see if the following now happens:

a) an AI Prussia should take Schleswig and Holstein at the end of the Duchies events - this will then ensure the later Franco-Prussian crisis occurs
b) Garibaldi should leave Sicily in the Italy chain and an AI Italy should succeed using the alternative chain
c) ACW, start should be a 3 turn process. T1 territorial changes (and USA morale will collapse), T2 scripted civil war armies appear, T3 USA morale reset to 70.

In theory if USA is player controlled you could invade the south on T1 using your own built armies. Suggest showing some restraint here, as the delay is aimed at ensuring the respective armies spawn as intended.

d) Balkan chains, the 1878-9 wars should see armies appear for Greece and Serbia (important for later), the 1912-13 wars should end by script, all this clears the way to the WW1 chain

feedback on these more than welcome
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

uglyr
Private

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:05 am

Assasination of Franz Ferdinant happenes to me on turn 1 in 1850 scenario. Maybe it's somehow connected to gamelogic.opt i changed to make game more fun, but I don't think it is the reason.

Upd: To quickfix you need to edit Balkans Crisis Events.sct. Find StartEvent = evt_nam_CMN_AssassinationArchduke1914 and add "Conditions" before "EvalRgnOwned = $Herzegovina"
So it will look something like that

Code: Select all

StartEvent = evt_nam_CMN_AssassinationArchduke1914|1|2|evt_txt_CMN_AssassinationArchduke1914|Event-img_CMN_AssassinationArchduke1914|$Oesterreich|NULL

SelectFaction = AUS

Conditions
  EvalRgnOwned = $Herzegovina
  MinDate = 1914/06/28
  MaxDate = 1919/01/01
  Probability = 30

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:12 pm

if i could...

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:54 am

thanks

will do

empusas
Corporal

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:41 am

To confirm this, I am playing as USA in year 1888, and I believe it was right after or shortly after the patch he was assasinated in my game as well. Not sure it has to do with that but shortly after ( my first GC playthrough) about 6 or 7 major countries went to war, including Prussia, Italy, Ottomans, Russia, Austria and the minors in the area. (hope it doesn't mess up the dynamics of the game I've been playing).

Emp

Pocus

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:40 am

Loki, you should restart edits with the August7 files, I'm attaching them in case you don't have them. Also if you can run a turn or two when editing events, I had several typos last time and as I'm not anymore accustomed in PON events editing, it took me some significant time to identify then clear them up :)

[ATTACH]34413[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Events_August7.rar
(348.84 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Thank you Loki, once again. The fixing of the Unification events for Germany and Italy resolves the my biggest issue with the game.

I will do what I can to test these events, but it could take awhile, as my only save game is in 1850, as Prussia, which would not enable me to see if the Germany events.

Unfortunately, when my previous computer expired, I lost all my save games. But I will start a new one today, as France or the US.

If all these fixes work as intended, PON will be even better.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:58 pm

I started a new campaign, 1850, and turn two came with the news that archduke Franz Ferdinand was murdered.

empusas
Corporal

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Uglyr, he has the "conditions" in the 1880 balkans events (although not positive it works, but based on my little knowledge, it should), but it was missing in the 1850 GC. I fixed it but maybe I should slightly change the name of the event being the Archduke was allready assasinated in my game?

(Perhaps he had a twin that took over for him, lol) At least it should show something was supposed to hit the fan, even i all the other follow up events allready fire because the assasination allready occured.

Emp

uglyr
Private

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:25 pm

empusas wrote:Uglyr, he has the "conditions" in the 1880 balkans events (although not positive it works, but based on my little knowledge, it should), but it was missing in the 1850 GC.

Aye my bad. I found this event in file but haven't checked.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 am

uglyr wrote:Assasination of Franz Ferdinant happenes to me on turn 1 in 1850 scenario. Maybe it's somehow connected to gamelogic.opt i changed to make game more fun, but I don't think it is the reason.

Upd: To quickfix you need to edit Balkans Crisis Events.sct. Find StartEvent = evt_nam_CMN_AssassinationArchduke1914 and add "Conditions" before "EvalRgnOwned = $Herzegovina"
So it will look something like that

Code: Select all

StartEvent = evt_nam_CMN_AssassinationArchduke1914|1|2|evt_txt_CMN_AssassinationArchduke1914|Event-img_CMN_AssassinationArchduke1914|$Oesterreich|NULL

SelectFaction = AUS

Conditions
  EvalRgnOwned = $Herzegovina
  MinDate = 1914/06/28
  MaxDate = 1919/01/01
  Probability = 30

just to report, this change removes the T1 assassination and immediate wars etc. Many apologies for missing it (or more strictly for managing to delete a line)

One other chain that was breaking was the Indian Mutiny. Thanks to James Burns for spotting this one. If you make it fire on T1 it works as intended but the problem seems to be that the IND units wander around the map and are then not killed by the basic script. Hopefully next patch has a more generic kill routine but if anyone has a game coming up to 1856/7 and wants to test this in a real game please PM me and I'll give you the revised syntax.

James D Burns

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 pm

loki100 wrote:just to report, this change removes the T1 assassination and immediate wars etc. Many apologies for missing it (or more strictly for managing to delete a line)

One other chain that was breaking was the Indian Mutiny. Thanks to James Burns for spotting this one. If you make it fire on T1 it works as intended but the problem seems to be that the IND units wander around the map and are then not killed by the basic script. Hopefully next patch has a more generic kill routine but if anyone has a game coming up to 1856/7 and wants to test this in a real game please PM me and I'll give you the revised syntax.

Just about to start repainting the house and put in new hard wood floors, so I'll be too busy for the next month or two, otherwise I'd test this for you. I think the most important issue with the Indian Mutiny though is the inability for Britain to annex the Mughal's once they've defeated them so they can get rid of Mughal loyalty levels in India the way the CSA loyalty goes away after the civil war. I think the CSA gets annexed automatically, if you could add that same event chain to the Mughal's it would fix this problem I think. As things stand now the Mughal's cannot be taken out of the game (a single region northeast of Delhi becomes their home territory when you force peace) and loyalties across India appear to be fixed with no changes occurring at all.

I'm into 1866 in my game and have not seen a single point of loyalty change anywhere in India since the Mutiny event originally fired. Many regions have no British loyalty at all and sit with 50 Mughal 50 rebel. Others might look like 25 Mughal, 25 British, 50 rebel etc., and even though large British troops are sitting in the regions, loyalty will not change at all and its been almost 10 years.

Jim

bwiser
Private

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:19 pm

loki100 wrote:just to report, this change removes the T1 assassination and immediate wars etc. Many apologies for missing it (or more strictly for managing to delete a line)

I am about to start a new game this time as France on a complete new clean install on a new computer.

Loki: Am I supposed to change the file as posted by uglyr regarding the Franz-Ferdinand event ? Or: Are there any new files for the event chains which I should use / which are posted somewhere already?

I will look out for Italian unification around 1860 and German unification around 1870 and report ....

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:30 pm

yes, just add the word 'conditions' to the Franz-Ferdinand event and it all goes away. There is actually a good side to that problem, it indicates that Christophe's earlier work on the WW1 chain has paid off and its likely to fire in most games now

Pocus

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Loki, can you send me at pocus@ageod.net the latest edited files, so that the patch can be rendered official asap, it has been already too long I fear. Please process some turns with them though to be sure they are ok :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

bwiser
Private

Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Pocus wrote:Loki, can you send me at pocus@ageod.net the latest edited files, so that the patch can be rendered official asap, it has been already too long I fear. Please process some turns with them though to be sure they are ok :)

oh - great !

Are there many changes since the 17-Aug version / will it be save-compatible ? Asking as I already started with my new France campaign and wondering if I should better restart it with the official patch later

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:38 pm

The changes are minimal, basically correcting the FF event and a bit on the Indian Mutiny, as this only affects the events I wouldn't worry about save game continuity. To be fair, PoN's patching process has been very save game friendly ever since the very early 1.01 series of changes.

bwiser
Private

Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:32 pm

loki100 wrote:The changes are minimal, basically correcting the FF event and a bit on the Indian Mutiny, as this only affects the events I wouldn't worry about save game continuity. To be fair, PoN's patching process has been very save game friendly ever since the very early 1.01 series of changes.

Great - thanks for the clarification. Then I can continue with the big fun I have to extend France's colonies, while building up the industry and coming ever closer for more and more militants and the huns :) )) - huge fun

Return to “Help improve PON”