vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Pocus wrote:There will be some others RC. I can tell you a good news: there will be an official release indeed, before Summer! So we still have a few weeks, months, to cram the most stuff feasible. If you have some will and want to help fix events, this is now to act, and not in 6 months!!

this is wonderful news, indeed. I hope we will see the AI actually form Germany, and Italy, with the appropriate wars. And to see the Crimean war fire properly, not to mention so many other event s that could enrich this greatest of games.

Thank you, Pocus, you made my day!

driggsd
Private

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Great news! Thanks for continuing to support this game! You guys rock! Is there any way you could add a ingame mechanism to upgrade native troops to some sort "colonial troops"? Regardless you all keep your games improving and playable! Thanks!

HerrDan

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Amazing news! I'm testing the new patch right now, perhaps I'll even resume my AAR. Thank you very much guys!

PS: I'm sorry I had kind of vanished for some time, but I've had some personal problems and was also working a lot, so I had to stop playing for a while, but now I'm back. :)
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi there, I was wondering how to get the patch to work when I downloaded the game via STEAM? Thanks,

HerrDan

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 am

Hallo Leute, Pocus I know it's not a major issue, but Tirpitz picture isn't yet displayed in the game, I had to manually fix the mispelling in its model file(it's written "Tripitz" and relating to a non-existing Tripitz portrait file, as the portrait file is spelled correctly Tirpitz, so the problem is only in his model file) there to see his beard in the game ;)

Anyway, thank you very much for the new patch! I'm eagerly waiting for the definitive one! :D

Cheers.
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

MisterClever
Conscript

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi Pocus and everyone,

Just wanted to share that the crash bug I encountered on both my Prussia game and OE game have seem to have gone away with the latest rc. Hurrah!

Pocus

Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:46 pm

That's nice!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

RedStinger
Conscript

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:52 am

Hi all !

So I've encountered a couple of weird things with the last update. Mainly, some units are not correct for the time period I'm playing. The Expedition and Mixed expedition brigades are always more modern than the rest of the other units : their stats are different, and on the unit panel it's specified "expeditionnary batallion 1870-1890" even though I'm in 1861 and I have yet to discover breech-loaded rifles.

The same goes for Fortress divisions and Reserve divisions/corps when I'm at war playing France : I can recruit reserve units with 1870-1890 stats; is it intended ? How can I correct that ?

Another weird thing is the stats of the medium artillery regiment : it's supposed to be composed of "12gun smoothbore", is 12 the caliber ? If it's the case, should it not be stronger stat-wise than a field artillery regiment composed of 6gun ?

Also, is there a way of allowing, when renaming units, the use of accents and longer words ? Would it be possible to rename buildings like forts ? Having a "Fort pre-industrial" as a base is kinda annoying. Although these are minor details, this is mainly for the sake of immersion.

A last couple of questions : given that SOI grows with economic investments, if I colonize a territory not within my SOI, will it grow if I invest in it ? Is the colonization planned to be really easy ? I colonized almost all of north africa and the whole Indochina in a game, and I had a ton of cash going to my coffers each turn...

Great game otherwise !! I'm having a ton of fun playing it ! :)

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:21 am

RedStinger wrote:
A last couple of questions : given that SOI grows with economic investments, if I colonize a territory not within my SOI, will it grow if I invest in it ? Is the colonization planned to be really easy ? I colonized almost all of north africa and the whole Indochina in a game, and I had a ton of cash going to my coffers each turn...

If you are outside your SOI you get negative prestige for holding a region - this reflects the consensus of the other major powers that you are not to be trusted. Over time you will gain SOI legitimacy for holding a region, you'll see this happen every now and then in the event log.

as such SOI makes no difference for the economic reward you gain, I ran a very effective opium and coffee monopoly as Italy using provinces in E Africa and S Arabia to which I had no rights (at least initially). So strategically moving outside your SOI is often essential and pays off, but you do then gain less prestige overall
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

RedStinger
Conscript

Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:27 am

loki100 wrote:If you are outside your SOI you get negative prestige for holding a region - this reflects the consensus of the other major powers that you are not to be trusted. Over time you will gain SOI legitimacy for holding a region, you'll see this happen every now and then in the event log.

as such SOI makes no difference for the economic reward you gain, I ran a very effective opium and coffee monopoly as Italy using provinces in E Africa and S Arabia to which I had no rights (at least initially). So strategically moving outside your SOI is often essential and pays off, but you do then gain less prestige overall

Thanks for the answer ! I will plan colonization accordingly ! No hints on the unit panel problem ? I'm really confused on that. I wanted to mod it to correct things myself but it's more tricky for me than modding PI games such as Victoria 2...

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Any update on the official patch release yet? Thanks.

Pocus

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:11 am

Still some weeks away...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Sounds good, thank you.

ifailmore
Sergeant

Sat May 09, 2015 8:44 am

bought civl war 2 enjoyed it trying this now just bought it is this latest pacth fixes most of the bugs are there any other issues that might be game breakign form preventing me from starting a campaign

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 10, 2015 3:06 pm

ifailmore wrote:bought civl war 2 enjoyed it trying this now just bought it is this latest pacth fixes most of the bugs are there any other issues that might be game breakign form preventing me from starting a campaign

If you play as the US in the full campaign, a but has been reported when the American civil war event begins. This bug gives all leaders, both union and confederate, to the union. This prevents me from playing as the US, except for the 1880 scenario. But I feel fine about playing any of the other major powers.

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:48 pm

any release candidates with the speed improvements?
TEAW Beta Team

Pocus

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:25 am

Sadly part of the speed improvement won't be PON compatible, so we are trying to find time optimizing that, but that's not trivial.

Lemoni
Sergeant

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Pocus wrote:Sadly part of the speed improvement won't be PON compatible, so we are trying to find time optimizing that, but that's not trivial.

Dear Pocus,
It is not our fault that we will never let you rest or work only on other projects. It is your fault because you
created this masterpiece that hooked all of us for so many years....

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:34 pm

Lemoni wrote:Dear Pocus,
It is not our fault that we will never let you rest or work only on other projects. It is your fault because you
created this masterpiece that hooked all of us for so many years....

This ^

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :cool:

It really doesn't need something huge like 40% increase in speed, if we can get it to between 35-45 seconds.....or under a minute that'll make it possible to really play it again.

Right now it's so close, but so far away from being a playable speed...PON really is a masterpiece Pocus, it just needs one good speed tweak. I think everyone would agree that making it possible to play more than a few turns an hour is vastly more important than fixing the events.
TEAW Beta Team

Pocus

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:52 am

The thing is that this is not 'drawing on the same resource'. Events can be provided by volunteers who know the game and history. Optimizing things for PON will be on me, and I'm already stretched thin between TYW and the Napoleonic project.

seathom
Colonel

Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:02 am

Maybe I'm the last person to comment on game speed, as my life's motto has always been "hurry up and wait"; however, the game processing turn time is fine with me; if it get's faster, great; if not, no big deal. For me, having the key historical events fire more seemlessly (maybe multiple options to trigger WWI) and not having a need to script things (like a code that would end a war where neither side has a change of possession after 3 years of fighting and battle deaths are less than a certain threshold) would be of greater help. The game, as is, is absolutely wonderful to play, IMO.

Clearly, we need to be patient because TYW and Napoleon need to have the highest priority, and I believe both will be completed this year and when done well, should greatly help the company expand its reach which would enable you guys to take on more projects, and I dare say complete an upgrade to PON (it's in my prayers!).

Please keep up the great work you, your developers and all the volunteers do to make AGEOD games the best games to play.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Having got a new computer after the old one expired, I was going to patch a reinstalled PON.

I noticed in the first post that, in addition to the January 29th update, there is much smaller file at the end of the post, which has the words "Pon Updates" in the title. Should this file also be installed, in addition to the January 29th update?

Pocus

Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:02 am

yes, add the small files to the first patch.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Pocus wrote:yes, add the small files to the first patch.

Thank you, Pocus.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Pocus wrote:yes, add the small files to the first patch.

Thank you , Pocus.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:27 pm

vaalen wrote:In the first post there is a small "Pon Updates" file at the end. Should this file also be installed, in addition to the update?

It's only the old 1.04 RC3 list of changes, as you saw after "installing" it.

Pocus

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:37 am

Hi gents,

Some (temporary) troubles editing the first post. In the mean time the new release candidate is here:

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/PON/Patch_PON_1.04July17.rar

Changes compared to previous version are:
Fixed bug: Harshness damage
Fixed bug: Combat signature for low-sig elements
Fixed bug: Abilities giving changes to particular elements
Failed decisions now always removed from force pool.
Fixed bug in general diplomacy code
Military control gain code overhauled considerably
Fixed bug: Warscore and how it progresses
4 more indicators in battle report: failed morale, failed retreat, retreat attempts, full unit capture
Improved DOW calculations
Crimean crisis revised, as of July 2015.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:53 pm

squeeks with pleasure :) ... thank you
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:09 pm

This new patch is far longer than usual to operate once launched:
wait for several minutes, don't kill the blank patch window, then at last the patch is actually installing.

ifailmore
Sergeant

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:49 am

omgomgomg can you add the various script and events that are mod created to the next pacth?

Return to “Help improve PON”