MisterClever
Conscript

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:11 am

I am shamelessly refreshing this page every 30 mins or so :)

Pocus

Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:07 pm

New release candidate 4 posted. Readme updated, in red the novelties. Against thanks to the volunteers for their update on events. They can use your help, even if only on feedback (are the events working e.g ?)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kaiser85
Private

Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Great! But I get an error when I open winrar archieve

bbmike
Sergeant

Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:14 pm

It's Christmas morning again! :coeurs:
Kaiser, I used 7Zip to extract it and it worked fine.

[edit] As a reminder, it takes quite a while before the patch starts to install so be patient. :neener:

Egg Bub
Major

Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:35 pm

bbmike wrote:It's Christmas morning again! :coeurs:
Kaiser, I used 7Zip to extract it and it worked fine.

[edit] As a reminder, it takes quite a while before the patch starts to install so be patient. :neener:

Yep it's installed fine for me too (using7zip).

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:48 pm

same

just let it sit for a while as it seems to take a little while before extracting
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Matto
Colonel

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Downloaded, installed, everything looking fine, thanks a lot!!!
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

mios
Conscript

Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:08 am

Works fine. The interface hardly feels sluggish anymore and the speed once again increased.

Thanks a lot!

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:15 am

ok the installer is crashing for me unless I have to wait ten mins for it to work, dwnled a new copy of the patch but it still is crashing RRRGH :cursing: :crying:
TEAW Beta Team

James D Burns

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:21 am

Installer takes a long time to begin. Let it sit for a while as it took several minutes before mine began. I think it's scouring your hard drive looking for the game and doesn't stop till the entire drive is searched first, so have patience.

On another note with RC 4 just installed I'm getting a lot of auto garrisons spawning every turn now even though I have 100% MC in the regions and no enemy stacks are threatening. Anyone else seeing this behavior? Not game breaking but it does cause me to pay less attention to auto garrison text messages and I may end up missing an actual threat due to raiders or something now.

Jim

TXcavalier
Corporal

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 am

James, I have a long list of auto-garrisons also showing now.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:17 am

Jim, I also see the same thing, every time a new turn begins. Strangely enough, nearly all the auto garrisons that activate are in harbors or naval bases, and there is never any enemy units in the province when I check them.

Pocus

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:34 am

Ah, this must be a piece of code from Napoleon Great Campaigns that should not have been there (and is apparently not working well either), about Harbor batteries firing against ships doing blockades. I'll fix that for PON.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

James D Burns

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Pocus wrote:Ah, this must be a piece of code from Napoleon Great Campaigns that should not have been there (and is apparently not working well either), about Harbor batteries firing against ships doing blockades. I'll fix that for PON.

Not sure if this is RC 4 related or not, but pre patch under RC 3 the US was selling about 110-120 goods to its national markets. Post patching to RC 4 I now only sell 80-85 goods even though the US population has increased by over a million in the two year gap. So something has happened that has changed demand and how many goods I can sell to the national market and it has forced me to shut down lots of industries as there are no more buyers and private funds were declining rapidly.

This thread has a save of the game under RC 3:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38763-Vineyard-bug

This thread is the same game a few years later under RC 4 with the reduced demand:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38684-Redoing-events-where-are-we-and-why-so-slow

Has something changed in RC 4 that reduces how many goods the national market wants to buy? I’m wondering if this might be related to the reason so many auto-garrisons are appearing, is it possible the cities and their populations these garrisons are appearing in are not linked to the markets anymore and that’s why the garrisons are spawning in the first place?

Jim

bbmike
Sergeant

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Concerning the long time it takes to install the patch, I noticed that when I did a new installation and then applied the patch it went really fast.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:48 pm

James D Burns wrote:Not sure if this is RC 4 related or not, but pre patch under RC 3 the US was selling about 110-120 goods to its national markets. Post patching to RC 4 I now only sell 80-85 goods even though the US population has increased by over a million in the two year gap. So something has happened that has changed demand and how many goods I can sell to the national market and it has forced me to shut down lots of industries as there are no more buyers and private funds were declining rapidly.

This thread has a save of the game under RC 3:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38763-Vineyard-bug

This thread is the same game a few years later under RC 4 with the reduced demand:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38684-Redoing-events-where-are-we-and-why-so-slow

Has something changed in RC 4 that reduces how many goods the national market wants to buy? I’m wondering if this might be related to the reason so many auto-garrisons are appearing, is it possible the cities and their populations these garrisons are appearing in are not linked to the markets anymore and that’s why the garrisons are spawning in the first place?

Jim

Jim, in my game as France, I have played 26 turns since installing the latest patch, and there has been no significant change in the buying pattern of my
population, either for goods or anything else.

I am wondering if this is unique to the US, or something else.

In past games, i have seen a big drop in my domestic market purchasing certain things, from time to time, which seemed hard to explain. I finally found out that this was due to foreign penetration of my domestic market, as the only thing that helped was to get techs that reduce this effect. I wonder, are there a lot of goods on sale worldwide?

Just my two cents.

Pocus

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:48 pm

No change in the whole economic system has been done. The auto garrison bug popping for harbors is fixed though and I'll update PON accordingly this evening, hopefully your bug will be gone too, if it came from it, but I doubt.

Pocus

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:50 pm

Release candidate 5 online, with a fix to auto garrisons being created, some fixes to Russian events.

bbmike
Sergeant

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Wow, nice! :thumbsup:

Lemoni
Sergeant

Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Dear Pocus and Devs
You will never have free time or time to spare.But it is not our fault. It is your fault because you created a MASTERPIECE. And as a masterpiece you will never abandoned it.
After 2.5 year I am doomed to still play ,explore and admire PON.And of course many many other forum members are feeling the same.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Lemoni wrote:Dear Pocus and Devs
You will never have free time or time to spare.But it is not our fault. It is your fault because you created a MASTERPIECE. And as a masterpiece you will never abandoned it.
After 2.5 year I am doomed to still play ,explore and admire PON.And of course many many other forum members are feeling the same.

I feel exactly the same, and I have been playing it since it came out almost four years ago.

Mirandasucre
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Yes !!! i feel the same too and i will say exactly the same when we ll see back the Units art presentations... :neener:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:45 pm

Mirandasucre wrote:Yes !!! i feel the same too and i will say exactly the same when we ll see back the Units art presentations... :neener:

I am happy to tell you that the units are back on the element cards, with the new beta patch, and we can enjoy the art once more!

Mirandasucre
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:18 am

YES !!!!....i saw it........cool....greatest game ever.....i'm serious.... :winner:

G Rider
Conscript

Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

104rc5 USA

On any unit panel their experience is missing. I can only get its progress from the tool tip by holding my mouse where it should be.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

G Rider wrote:104rc5 USA

On any unit panel their experience is missing. I can only get its progress from the tool tip by holding my mouse where it should be.

I have noticed the same problem.

Cohnman5
Corporal

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:52 am

Thank you for the latest Pride of Nations Release candidate 1.04 RC5. Thank you for your diligence and hard work. Will install and play and see if it works properly, more importantly, a big thank you to the entire AGEOD community for being so supportive of games and gamers. BRAVO!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:54 am

Kensai

Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:24 pm

RC6 or final release?! God I want to restart my favorite game. Gimme gimme gimme! :D
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Pocus

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:47 pm

There will be some others RC. I can tell you a good news: there will be an official release indeed, before Summer! So we still have a few weeks, months, to cram the most stuff feasible. If you have some will and want to help fix events, this is now to act, and not in 6 months!!

Return to “Help improve PON”