Erostratus
Corporal

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:12 am

Pocus wrote:It can't be before WON patch is official, and then it depends of events to fix and bugs in the PON code, so some months probably.

Thank you for continuing to support your previous games!

Siegfroh
Major

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:14 am

Missing string:

[ATTACH]38071[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Zwischenablage03.jpg

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Pocus wrote:It can't be before WON patch is official, and then it depends of events to fix and bugs in the PON code, so some months probably.

Thank you Pocus, for not abandoning the greatest game ever made. Incorporating the improvements from WON will be wonderful for PON.I will wait eagerly, like a child waiting for Christmas.

Siegfroh
Major

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Wrong tooltip.

I tried to build a railroad in Kärnten, but couldn't.

The tooltips explains the railroad must be built adjacent to water:

[ATTACH]38078[/ATTACH]

Maybe it wants to say that the railroad has to be built adjacent ot another finished railroad ?
Attachments
railroad.jpg

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:54 am

no, its partly right. You can build from an unconnected port for example - its how you can start a rail system in Africa if you can get the development and ownership issues sorted out.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Siegfroh
Major

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Just to make sure it is not overseen. I believe it is a bug, but would be happy to be proven wrong (and no, it is not an April's joke):

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?43181-Landwehr-men-decide-to-become-regulars

Quirk
Lieutenant

Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 am

Hello all,

Hope this is the right thread to ask: Despite owning the game since release it is the first time I play it. Starting with Prussia in 1850, Archduke Ferdinand is assasinated on my second turn. I tried to edit the event file like mentioned on the first few pages, I think by Loki, but to no avail. Can someone give me a hint? I installed the latest beta patch of course.

Thanks in advance
Quirk

Maple Leaf
Conscript

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Very much looking forward to the improvement in turn processing time. P.O.N. is simply the greatest strategy game ever made, but this one (important) problem has prevented me from playing nearly as much as I'd like to. On the other hand, I've purchased the boxed version of "The Thirty Years War". If you're like me and only buy a few quality games each year, I recommend going old-school and buying the boxed versions. A nice glossy manual is an important first step in getting immersed in a new strategy game. If AGEOD succeeds in improving the turn processing time in P.O.N. I will buy the boxed version of that too - to show my support. Keep up the great work!

bbmike
Sergeant

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:02 pm

Maple Leaf wrote:Very much looking forward to the improvement in turn processing time. P.O.N. is simply the greatest strategy game ever made, but this one (important) problem has prevented me from playing nearly as much as I'd like to. On the other hand, I've purchased the boxed version of "The Thirty Years War". If you're like me and only buy a few quality games each year, I recommend going old-school and buying the boxed versions. A nice glossy manual is an important first step in getting immersed in a new strategy game. If AGEOD succeeds in improving the turn processing time in P.O.N. I will buy the boxed version of that too - to show my support. Keep up the great work!

I don't think anything can be done about the turn time. I read somewhere that there was a new game engine being made. I think our best hope is that PoN2 is made with that new game engine. :love:

Maple Leaf
Conscript

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Well from what Pocus wrote on this thread back in November, a new PoN patch is expected which will incorporate the improvements to the engine that were developed for WoN. Can't wait to see what this might lead to. Shaving 30 seconds or so off the turn processing time would make this game pure perfection!

bbmike
Sergeant

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Maple Leaf wrote:Well from what Pocus wrote on this thread back in November, a new PoN patch is expected which will incorporate the improvements to the engine that were developed for WoN. Can't wait to see what this might lead to. Shaving 30 seconds or so off the turn processing time would make this game pure perfection!

I think the June10 beta includes this. See Pocus response here. I hope you're right , though. My only complaint about this game is the turn time. But I consider it a minor one. :D

Maple Leaf
Conscript

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Thank you bbmike for the link. I wasn't aware of the latest beta. I can't wait to fire it up to see the changes. And I know this is a topic that's been covered to death, but how long are your turn times? Any settings or game options that seem to help speed things up for you?

Pocus

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:30 am

Indeed PON is now running with the latest engine upgrade, but there is still an improvement to add to it for turn processing time.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

bbmike
Sergeant

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Maple Leaf wrote:Thank you bbmike for the link. I wasn't aware of the latest beta. I can't wait to fire it up to see the changes. And I know this is a topic that's been covered to death, but how long are your turn times? Any settings or game options that seem to help speed things up for you?

Maple Leaf, just measured the turn time for my current game (it's 1852 Late July). It takes about 3 1/2 minutes to process.

Pocus wrote:Indeed PON is now running with the latest engine upgrade, but there is still an improvement to add to it for turn processing time.

That would be great! :thumbsup:

Maple Leaf
Conscript

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:45 pm

bbmike, your turn times are pretty similar to mine. Thanks for the comparison.
Pocus, any idea when we can expect the upcoming improvement on PoN's turn processing time? I'm giddy with excitement!

Return to “Help improve PON”