Pocus

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:45 am

I would prefer yes otherwise it will slow to a crawl debugging. Also you can upload through wetransfer.com your archive.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

uglyr
Private

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Pocus wrote:I would prefer yes otherwise it will slow to a crawl debugging. Also you can upload through wetransfer.com your archive.

Ok. Here it is:
http://we.tl/gzkdBMdY7Z

Erostratus
Corporal

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Ok so I am just going to add that I did start a GC as italy yesterday. And so everybody knows my installation process...I did a fresh reinstall(steam license), then added the August 7th patch manually (which tells me its the July patch in credits, which is already known), and I am on turn three and FF event has not fired and no one is at war with me, or each other. Hope this helps.

lecrop
Captain

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:09 pm

Steam install, manual updated 1.04 aug7, no battle report background.

[ATTACH]34579[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Captura de pantalla (2).jpg

PrinzHeinrich
Conscript

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:17 pm

I´m playing the austrian side against Sardinie-Piemont, I have conquered all the Piemont territory, in the peace treaty I want to occupy Alessandria, but it doesn´t work, only demobilizing worked. Do you have a solution?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:25 pm

PrinzHeinrich wrote:I´m playing the austrian side against Sardinie-Piemont, I have conquered all the Piemont territory, in the peace treaty I want to occupy Alessandria, but it doesn´t work, only demobilizing worked. Do you have a solution?

You can't.

PoN works on the sustained territorial integrity of the European states with the exception of a few provinces that the rest of the world would just about accept you have a claim on. So if you beat a major European power (or even a secondary one like Sardinia-Piedmont), your acceptable choices are basically to force demobilisation, impose reparations or force that state to abandon provinces to their independence (so if S-P had absorbed say Tuscany you could force them to release that) or take colonies away from them.

Think of the end of WW1, all four terms were imposed on the losers, but no one suggested that the British would gain actual German provinces.

The solution, if you really want to go this way, is to script in the transfer, but its quite a departure from the fundamental structure of the PoN game engine.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

lecrop
Captain

Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:52 pm

The problem reported by me two posts ago is due to a bug between the last patch and the spanish translation.

squidelica
Sergeant

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:16 pm

PrinzHeinrich wrote:I´m playing the austrian side against Sardinie-Piemont, I have conquered all the Piemont territory, in the peace treaty I want to occupy Alessandria, but it doesn´t work, only demobilizing worked. Do you have a solution?

i think there is an option in the game settings which allow's neighbouring provinces to be annexed

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Any news on when this beta patch will go live?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:19 pm

squidelica wrote:i think there is an option in the game settings which allow's neighbouring provinces to be annexed

only if you use the 'extended claims' option.

Key to the basic game design is that the rest of the Great Powers won't stand for you taking something that they don't think you have any claim to. This wasn't an era where the destruction of another European state was an accepted war goal. But you can often wreak a degree of mayhem by the 'release state' diplomatic option.

Egg Bub
Major

Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Any news on when this beta patch will go live?

It is already out surely?

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:37 pm

I meant the official patch, not beta, sorry.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:14 pm

given this comment by Pocus in the Wars on Napoleon forum (about how WoN has taken and improved the PoN code):

Pocus wrote:Although the code has been extensively improved and bugs traced down mercilessly!

On the basis of no personal knowldge as to what might end up in the next (final?) patch (apart from the work on events), I'm prepared to wait till the work on WoN is over and its released and has had a post release support etc. From what I've seen, WoN sorts out some of the odd relationship problems that have been a problem with PoN diplomacy.

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:45 pm

I agree. Just curious. :)

Pocus

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:48 am

Indeed, this PON official patch seems vaporware but is not. I can tell you that it will now also benefit greatly from all code improvements of WON.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

V for Vegas
Corporal

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Pocus wrote:Indeed, this PON official patch seems vaporware but is not. I can tell you that it will now also benefit greatly from all code improvements of WON.

:thumbsup:

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:18 am

:D Sounds great!

Egg Bub
Major

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:25 pm

pocus wrote:indeed, this pon official patch seems vaporware but is not. I can tell you that it will now also benefit greatly from all code improvements of won.

awesome

bbmike
Sergeant

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Pocus wrote:Indeed, this PON official patch seems vaporware but is not. I can tell you that it will now also benefit greatly from all code improvements of WON.

Great news! :coeurs:
In the meantime I shall buy and play Wars of Napoleon. :cool:

seathom
Colonel

Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:35 pm

I just noticed the last update date and thought I'd check out if my game was updated. It only shows PON 1.4 so I downloaded the latest patch (went very easy) and installed it (went very easy) but I probably put it in the wrong file. Which file should it be located in? I had patch 1.04rc5 in my computer so that was probably the most recent patch. I also noticed that my PON.exe states it was created today, 1/8/16; does that "create" because I opened up the game today or was it "created" by updating the game to the 1.04August 7 patch?

Pocus

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:14 am

This is most probably the creation date on your computer, check instead modification time.

Ramdogg
Conscript

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi guys,

Kind of the same here... With France, I can't get to annex any province... S-P proposes Savoya as a peace treaty, even though I accept, the province still belongs to them after peace is signed and I
only get a CB for they own what should now be part of France... Same with Luxembourg or Pflaz... I don't get it... How am I supposed to get Luxembourg, Nice or Savoya as France then?

Is there a script to avoid tis bug???

Thx for any answer as I didn't get any from the french forum.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:10 pm

for Savoy, the transfer is part of the Italian unification chain, back them and it'll come to you - either as a result of victory over Austria or if S-P captures the Italian part of the peninsular.

Not sure about the others, but in PoN you won't get provinces to which you have no entitlement (usually keyed off base loyalty to your state) and I can't see how Pflaz would meet this condition. If you don't like this there are two solutions. One is to play with 'extended claims' as that removes this constraint (but it will still cost you a lot of warscore), the other is to script in the transfers you want to happen

Andy2
Private

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Thank you very much for the patch!!

RedStinger
Conscript

Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi,

It's 1858 in my game and I realised that Great-Britain is going nuts. All remaining ships are scattered around the world, and they have literally no ground forces left. I noticed a few turns earlier a HUGE stack of transport squadrons carrying presumably all their forces, and it must have sunk due to attrition. Mughalistan is trying to gain ground in India, and no recruitments are done by GB. Literally nothing is done by the AI : no reforms in any area, no recruitments, no economic development, no research emphasis, few colonisation, I think no diplomacy (they have full diplomats).

I checked other AI nations and they all have the same problem. Some nations do not seem to have any ground force AT ALL. As France I'm winning a war against GB and leading the world in scientific, economic and diplomatic areas.

All options concerning AI are ticketed : activate, use all behavior, etc.

What's wrong ?

Btw, I'm still getting the "Archiduke Ferdinand assassinated" event at the start of each game. Also, as I note, WS to gain small colonial areas from GB are absurd, how am I supposed to retake Quebec if I need way over 100 WS ??

Hope the work on Napoleon is goign smoothly, so PON benefits from it soon ! Cheers

Khanti
Captain

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:50 pm

G Rider wrote:On any unit panel their experience is missing. I can only get its progress from the tool tip by holding my mouse where it should be.

vaalen wrote:I have noticed the same problem.

I've just today tried Patch_PON_1.04August7.exe installed over Quickfix_PON_1.03c.exe and this problem still appears: experience stars in unit panel are missing. The other thing is assassination of Austrian prince in Sarajevo starting from the beginning.

RedStinger
Conscript

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:09 am

As Piedmont-Sardaigne, I waged a long and bloody war against Austria when they got involved against the Ottoman Empire, and G-B and France. I had several problems.

When someone makes peace (let's say Russia with Ottoman Empire), the same someone keeps declaring war every following turn, and is effectively at war when it can. It makes people who guaranteed the other nation prestige, every time.

I managed to capture most of Austrian territory around 1858 after France and G-B made separate peace with Austria, and they proposed Venezia and Lombardia, along with money, for peace. Exactly what I wanted ! But the following turn, those territories were still Austrian... Man that an epic war, why can't I reunite Italy now ..!

Siegfroh
Major

Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:18 pm

Hi, can you give a hint when this patch will be available ? In a week, a month , a year ? I would like to start a game when it is finally patched.

Pocus

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:10 am

It can't be before WON patch is official, and then it depends of events to fix and bugs in the PON code, so some months probably.

Siegfroh
Major

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:30 am

Pocus wrote:It can't be before WON patch is official, and then it depends of events to fix and bugs in the PON code, so some months probably.

Thanks - I will patiently wait !

Return to “Help improve PON”