czert2
Brigadier General

Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Regional decisions: Condition on number and type of units can now have a range greater than 1 (max is now capped to 6, but this is very CPU intensive, use with caution).

what this means ?

Mirandasucre
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:21 pm

Pocus, please correct the unit art problem...when possible....i'm still using the 1.03d version for this reason..and i really want to apply the new patch..please..thank you.

Pocus

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:20 am

This is fixed already, before I left for vacation, but I did not make a new patch for it, as I needed to integrate the events fixes of the community. Really I don't understand why this display problem is so much an hard block for some. I know this is irritating to not see the beautiful portraits in their largest size, but on the other hand the latest patch fixes so many bugs and speed up time, so is much better for me.

about the decisions and their range, this is for example for some necessary elements, like 'you need 1 heavy artillery to play the decision'.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Pocus wrote:This is fixed already, before I left for vacation, but I did not make a new patch for it, as I needed to integrate the events fixes of the community. Really I don't understand why this display problem is so much an hard block for some. I know this is irritating to not see the beautiful portraits in their largest size, but on the other hand the latest patch fixes so many bugs and speed up time, so is much better for me.

about the decisions and their range, this is for example for some necessary elements, like 'you need 1 heavy artillery to play the decision'.

I am enjoying the game so much now that I hardly notice the missing graphics. I will love to have them back, but the latest patch has improved the game so much, in so many ways, that it is much better than it has ever been. I am very happy that you are investigating the event fixes of the community, which may mean that Italy and Germany may actually be formed by the AI. This would resolve one of the greatest problems left in the game, Once again, you have my gratitude.

Silent Disapproval Robot
Conscript

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:59 pm

Looking forward to the next update. I'm currently in a PBEM game of the grand campaign so I can't install RC3 on my main PC as it's not compatible with older saves (we're running 1.03E for our PBEM game) but I've got 1.04RC3 running on the laptop and it's great!

Matto
Colonel

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:14 pm

How far are we from official release, days, weeks or months?
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Pocus

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:46 am

I had not enough time this week end for a new public beta patch, you know, we had this big demonstration in the streets!

As for the official patch release date, I feel it will be in a few months but before summer. It depends of how far we want to go in events fixing also, and I'm not doing these. For the engine, I'm maintaining and fixing PON to the state of the latest AGE games, so we should be ok in a few weeks, even if bugs might subsist in areas specific to PON. i.e if there is a difficult bug to solve in colonial game, I might be unable to fix it in due time.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:28 am

Thanks soooo much Pocus please keep up the good work on this most excellent game!!! :coeurs:

Matto
Colonel

Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Thanks for reply ... it was what I want to know. We are playing PBEM campaign some years now and thinking, if switch to beta version or wait for official patch. Any recommends?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Pocus wrote:I had not enough time this week end for a new public beta patch, you know, we had this big demonstration in the streets!

As for the official patch release date, I feel it will be in a few months but before summer. It depends of how far we want to go in events fixing also, and I'm not doing these. For the engine, I'm maintaining and fixing PON to the state of the latest AGE games, so we should be ok in a few weeks, even if bugs might subsist in areas specific to PON. i.e if there is a difficult bug to solve in colonial game, I might be unable to fix it in due time.

Pocus, do you have any estimate on when we might have the next beta patch? I am not rushing you, and I am grateful for everything you can do, but I would like to know. I hope it will include event fixes so the AI will form Germany and Italy, or at least Germany, as this would make a huge difference in the game. Sorry to pester you so regularly, but that is due to the compelling and magnificent nature of PON, the greatest game ever designed and published.

Pocus

Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:23 pm

I'll at worst assemble it this next week end. I can't tell you if it includes all the events you mention, I need to confer with Kensai C.Barrot, The Doctor King et al., the people who are kind enough to provide fixed events.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Pocus wrote:I'll at worst assemble it this next week end. I can't tell you if it includes all the events you mention, I need to confer with Kensai C.Barrot, The Doctor King et al., the people who are kind enough to provide fixed events.

I understand. It was merely a hope, and I am happy to wait and see. Thank you so much for working on it at this time, and I would be delighted to see it this weekend or next week. Or later, for that matter. I am overjoyed that this masterpiece has not been abandoned, and that you and the others are still making it even better.

MisterClever
Conscript

Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:07 am

Pocus wrote:I had not enough time this week end for a new public beta patch, you know, we had this big demonstration in the streets!

Very glad to hear this as I am enjoying To End all Wars very much, but it ends up making me want to play PON :P

Pocus

Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Executable work is done, with fix on portraits display and natives not getting back replacements if in hostile region, mainly, I'll finish the patch tomorrow or Tuesday at most evening by adding some events from Loki and Christophe Barrot probably. Stay tuned.

Mirandasucre
Lieutenant

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Yes!!!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Pocus wrote:Executable work is done, with fix on portraits display and natives not getting back replacements if in hostile region, mainly, I'll finish the patch tomorrow or Tuesday at most evening by adding some events from Loki and Christophe Barrot probably. Stay tuned.

That is so exciting about the events! And the other fixes.

Thank you, I cannot even begin to tell you how much I appreciate this! Ageod rules!

Darthkommandant
Private

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Awesome job guys it is much appreciated by me at least.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:55 am

Is it possible to add the actual population contentment level, to the information when you hover the mouse over a province, in the 'Contentment and Main Ethnicities' map mode? There are already population demographics, but the one you need the most isn't shown. It would make dealing with the masses a bit easier. :bonk:

Silent Disapproval Robot
Conscript

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Me as well. Thanks Pocus!

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 am

Many many thanks Pocus!! This is just your best game!!

Matto
Colonel

Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Pocus wrote:Executable work is done, with fix on portraits display and natives not getting back replacements if in hostile region, mainly, I'll finish the patch tomorrow or Tuesday at most evening by adding some events from Loki and Christophe Barrot probably. Stay tuned.

Great !!! Looking for it ... THANKS for support

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:26 pm

I cannot believe it...I am checking this thread every twenty minutes or so, to see if the patch is up yet, like a kid who cannot wait for Christmas.

How am I supposed to get any work done?

I have never cared so much about any game before.

bbmike
Sergeant

Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:38 pm

vaalen wrote:I cannot believe it...I am checking this thread every twenty minutes or so, to see if the patch is up yet, like a kid who cannot wait for Christmas.

How am I supposed to get any work done?

I have never cared so much about any game before.

Me too! Mostly because I want to start a new game when the patch is released. :coeurs:

Matto
Colonel

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Tomorrow ... hopefully :wacko:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Matto wrote:Tomorrow ... hopefully :wacko:

Thank you for letting us know. Now I can stop checking.

Matto
Colonel

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:15 pm

vaalen wrote:Thank you for letting us know. Now I can stop checking.

I'm not informed ... I just hope like you ...

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Matto wrote:I'm not informed ... I just hope like you ...

Matto, it is a good hope. Maybe it will come true.

Pocus

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:52 am

Sorry guys, I had to take a day off for an IRL issue (minor & solved), so this postponed the patch. Also I need to get a few extra infos on events from the good people doing some volunteering work on it, so the delay. But redoing a PON beta patch is clearly on my mind each day, don't worry, it will happen and rather soon! :)

MisterClever
Conscript

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Pocus wrote:Sorry guys, I had to take a day off for an IRL issue (minor & solved), so this postponed the patch. Also I need to get a few extra infos on events from the good people doing some volunteering work on it, so the delay. But redoing a PON beta patch is clearly on my mind each day, don't worry, it will happen and rather soon! :)

No problem Pocus! Glad to hear you are doing well. Looking forward to the patch :)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Pocus wrote:Sorry guys, I had to take a day off for an IRL issue (minor & solved), so this postponed the patch. Also I need to get a few extra infos on events from the good people doing some volunteering work on it, so the delay. But redoing a PON beta patch is clearly on my mind each day, don't worry, it will happen and rather soon! :)

No worries, my friend. Very glad to hear that it is minor and solved. Thanks again for working on the patch, and making this greatest of all games even better! Very excited about the upcoming patch!

Return to “Help improve PON”